Cannot administrate

Dezzorex

Dezzorex

I just tried to install MediaBrowser server on 2 different ubuntu machines, and I cannot for any reason configure anything, after I go through the initial setup webpage. Once that is done, I log in, I can see all the media I added in the inital setup, but I cannot see any settings on the left menu like I find in alot of pictures online. Am I doing something wrong?

I have not connected it to my mediabrowser account, cause I didn't get it verified untill now, when I am at work. Is this needed for administration?

Sorry If Im posting in the wrong section.

Edited by Dezzorex

Beardyname

if your user is admin (it should be) then there should be a gear icon in the top right of the web-ui to take you to the admin section of the web interface.

*edit*

if you don't see a gear icon like the user here : http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16743-cannot-access-dashboard/

then try following his steps to see if there was a bug during the installation process which somehow removed your user's admin setting.

hopefully that helps :)

Edited by Beardyname

Dezzorex

if your user is admin (it should be) then there should be a gear icon in the top right of the web-ui to take you to the admin section of the web interface.

I create the user in the get started config, but there is no gear icon in the top right corner. Ive tried this on two different computers, with the same result.

Thanks for the tip will try this.

Edited by Dezzorex

RottingMeat

What you recommend worked for me to get administrator.  I have other problems with my configuration (just deployed this morning - twice) where I can't change the port or friendly name.  It saves, but then on reboot it doesn't have the configuration change.  I will try to get log entries as this could be all related.

RottingMeat

I came home to find my server needed an update: Version 3.0.5482.1 was available.  I started a fresh server build and it worked as expected.  But the recommended fix for the user account to be turned into an Administrator account via XML edits did work for me also.