No option to select audio track and subtitle in player?

mhariush

mhariush

Hi

I'm new to HTPC's and trying to land a platform to use. I love the look of MBT and the library and metadata manager BUT... I've been playing with file playback and I can't belive there isn't an option to select subtitle and audio track from within the player. Am I missing something??

I will be building an HTPC using the Silverstone LC16B Case and will most likely use a Harmony remote. Is there integration to use this for changing subtitles and audio tracks? There must be an easy implementation to add this feature to the playback window, to small buttons. XBMC does it.

What am I missing or doing wrong here?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

In the web client click on your user icon in top right "my preferences"-playback.

54a9de8009761_playback.png

mhariush

Thanks Luke, that worked. But why so compliated, adding two simple icons next to the navigation (play stop pause) would be a much easier and more convenient way. Perhaps do them as a pop up list.

How does one use this function with a remote? Say a harmony remote? Is that a function that is featured?

mhariush

another suggestion, add the audio and subtitle menu, that comes up with you press * or 8 to the opening menu for the title, so you can make sure that everything is set correct when you start playing. Like Plex has.

Starkadius

another suggestion, add the audio and subtitle menu, that comes up with you press * or 8 to the opening menu for the title, so you can make sure that everything is set correct when you start playing. Like Plex has.

I requested this some time ago here.

• Like 1

mhariush

I requested this some time ago here.

+1

that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. This shouldn't be hard to include, would make for a much easier user experience.

Schroinx

It would make things a lot easier. I was also looking around for this, untill I discovered the * on the MCE remote.

you guys realize you're +1 ing against something that already exists? i think you're just not reading the thread. it is already in the player. it is just not there prior to playback.

Starkadius
Luke, on 06 Jan 2015 - 8:08 PM, said:

you guys realize you're +1 ing against something that already exists? i think you're just not reading the thread. it is already in the player. it is just not there prior to playback.

Where exactly is it in the MBT player? I just checked the development build (Version 3.0.5377.16926). There is no OSD option anywhere other than pressing the * or 8 keys whether it is during playback or before. I believe they are +1ing what is described here as per +1 made by @@mhariush here.

54acba71eaeca_1.png

mhariush

Luke, we're +1'ing for implementing an Audio and Subtitle button on the navigation menu during playback. That is currently not there. Having them would make things a lot easier and intuitive.

scanner50
mhariush, on 04 Jan 2015 - 8:48 PM, said:

I will also throw in my agreement that this would be much easier (underlining added)

Edited by rainking430

foghat

While I agree it would be nice to have, it is probably not as trivial as just adding a button to the navigation menu (assuming that would be trivial). As even if the button were there, there would not be a way to select it with a remote as the navigation menu in its current form cannot (as far as I can tell) be navigated with arrow keys.

Sure you could use a mouse. But if you have a mouse, you probably have a keyboard, so just hit *. Though I agree that knowing to hit * would be an issue for a new user or one who doesn't use forums.

Starkadius

While I agree it would be nice to have, it is probably not as trivial as just adding a button to the navigation menu (assuming that would be trivial). As even if the button were there, there would not be a way to select it with a remote as the navigation menu in its current form cannot (as far as I can tell) be navigated with arrow keys.

Sure you could use a mouse. But if you have a mouse, you probably have a keyboard, so just hit *. Though I agree that knowing to hit * would be an issue for a new user or one who doesn't use forums.

Responded here.