new setup questions

Kremlar
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Kremlar
Hi -

Just upgraded to MediaBrowser 3 and am loving it so far.  Trying to get just the basically functionality and setup down and rolled out to my HTPCs before moving to some of the more advanced functions.

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with:

1 - Is there any way to set other default options?  For example, I want to disable the screen saver and genre folders for everyone.  However, it seems like this needs to be set for every user on every HTPC.  Any way around this?  

2 - Is there any way to set the display order for media folders on the home page?  Right now it is alphabetical which is not ideal for my setup.

3 - Is there any way to set a default folder view?  I don't like "Coverflow" and would prefer "Poster".  It seems I may have to set this per user per media folder, but it seems like the setting will hold when moving between HTPCs.

4 - There are certain areas that display the filename of the movie rather than the folder or metadata title.  Is there any way to disable this?  Some of my filenames are generically named so I'd prefer that the metadata or folder name is used instead.

5 - Is there any way to hide the "Sleep" option when exiting MediaBrowser?  I don't typically ever want my HTPCs to sleep.

I think that's it for now!  I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

• Solution

1 - Sorry no.

2 - Set the "sort name" using the server metadata manager

3 - No, you will need to set them for each user and folder but they will carry across the different machines for those users.  Also you only need to set it once per type.  e.g. Once you set your TV Series folder to a particular view, all of them will use that.

4 - This means those items were not properly recognized by the server or they don't have any metadata.  Investigate using the metadata manager.

5 - Sorry, no.

• Like 1

Kremlar

1 - You might consider a solution if possible for a future build.  In my case I'll be adjusting these settings ~50 times.

2 - Awesome, thank you!

3 - Thanks!  No big deal...

4 - Gotcha.  I went ahead and hit Identify for each movie and searched and found the proper title.  I'm surprised because these titles were previously identified OK by MB2.  Does MB3 not use the folder name to identify any longer?

5 - No big deal...

Thanks again for the help!!