Metadata changes after latest server update (3.0.5482.0)

DGMayor

DGMayor

After updating, I've gone through a few of my media folders that were originally set up as mixed content and re-added them as tv or movies.

Now it seems to be ignoring all the metadata folders within the seasons of tv shows that contain the xml and thumb images and it's creating new *-poster.jpg files within the season folders.

Did something else change?

Do I need to change something?

DGMayor

Cover-art is also not recognizing them as tv series.  It seems to be treating tv shows like home videos.  Generic.

Yeah...my tv shows are not showing up in the TV show collection on the web interface.  I have to go into folders to get to them..

Edited by DGMayor

DGMayor

So here's a thing.   When I added back the folders, I didn't put it in full caps..

so \\doctor\g\tv

instead of 

\\DOCTOR\G\TV

I removed and re-added the TV folders with all caps and it started recognizing them again...

Yeah, case would not matter.

Be sure you are defining the content type at the right level.  Meaning, if you have a truly mixed folder with different things under it, be sure you keep it as mixed and only define the folder that has TV Series directly under it defined as TV.

DGMayor

Shouldn't matter, but it did.  As soon as I changed the case it started working.  Don't know what to say.

it might have just been the act of removing and adding it back

That's my guess as well.

To prove that theory, you could go re-add one with the lower case again and see if it is still okay.