Media Browser Classic Install Fails (v3.0.243)

superjuggler
Go to solution Solved by superjuggler,

superjuggler

I tried using rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache that seemed to work for others, but no luck. I deleted all theme dlls from ehome (chocolate and vanilla) but all I still get from the install is an empty C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic folder with 1 log file (attached) that says "Error 1359. An internal error occurred". Server is running fine and I can access from anywhere on the network. Classic is running on the same box as server and it's the only one that doesn't work. This is the first time that's ever happened and immediately after classic prompted for an update today.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

MBClassic-Msi.log

Looks like an error with the Windows Installer service.  Have you tried restarting the machine?

superjuggler

Yes, I did all the pending windows updates and restarted. There are lots of optional .net framework 4.5 updates pending but I haven't tried installing all of those yet. I could do that next.

Sometimes creating a fresh Windows User account and using that helps in these odd situations.

• Solution
superjuggler

It must have been one of the optional .net 4.5 updates, that did the trick. I didn't need to try a fresh profile.

• Like 1