which version do i need?

fierce_gt
Go to solution Solved by gthrift,

fierce_gt

been reading up on the changes and pretty excited to try out the new MB, i've been a fan of the original and been using it for years.

but i'm stuck on one thing, and that's what 'version' i need. here's my intended use:

-main HTPC rig contains all my media files, and is directly hooked up to my main theatre

-zotac zbox in my bedroom, would like access to all the media stored on my HTPC

-tablet(samsung Note if it matters), would also like to be able to play media on the tablet when in wifi range.

do i install the server on the HTPC, classic on the zbox, and the android app on the tablet? or do i need the classic on both PC's? do i need the server at all?

i'm currently running two 'independent' installations on both pc's. the one in my bedroom is not managed as well though, so if i can host all metadata on the HTPC and only need to maintain the one, that'd be nice

thanks, and sorry, i'm sure this was answered somewhere but i just don't understand

• Solution
gthrift

The Server is required.  Install it on the most powerful PC you have on your network.  See system requirements.

Install Media Browser Classic on your zbox and HTPC if you are running Windows Media Center on Windows 7 or 8 (only option for PCs right now)

Install Android App on your tablet.

Be sure to check out the setup guides as well

Edited by gthrift
  • Like 3

fierce_gt

The Server is required.  Install it on the most powerful PC you have on your network.  See system requirements.

Install Media Browser Classic on your zbox and HTPC if you are running Windows Media Center on Windows 7 or 8 (only option for PCs right now)

Install Android App on your tablet.

Be sure to check out the setup guides as well

perfect! that was exactly the confirmation I needed. the tutorials/FAQ weren't clear on whether or not I needed to install server AND classic on the main HTPC or just the server

swhitmore

the tutorials/FAQ weren't clear on whether or not I needed to install server AND classic on the main HTPC or just the server

First line of the tutorial  ;)

MB Classic - Setup and Configuration:

"This guide assumes you have already setup Media Browser 3 Server as detailed in the Server Setup and Configuration Guide."

Edited by swhitmore