Film Remakes

jds828

jds828

I decided to give Mediabrowser a go and it's fantastic.... but.

When I scan my Films library it doesn't pick up remakes. I can't find an option to manually add them either.

To mention one, I have Dawn of the dead 1978 and 2004. It will only grab and show the 1978 version.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by jds828

jds828

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I don't keep each film in a folder. I have HD Films, HD Television etc. When you say manually edit them.. where? That's the bit I'm missing as I can't see them in the editor.

Thanks

Latchmor

Hi, I think you need to post a few screen shots then and have a look at the link in my signature.

If they are not showing up in the Metadata Manager then the server is not recognising your structure or library setup.

Cheers

jds828

It sees my file/folder structure fine. It just ignores remakes all together.

I use other programs that also have trouble with remakes but allows manually sorting. It's not the end of the world that it doesn't see these and I'm not going to go through my library to redo it all as it will cause too many problems for the other programs. I think I'll leave it as is and just put it down to a bug in this software that may sort itself in time or with updates. I'll keep looking into it and report back if I find a fix.

Thanks again for the help.

Latchmor

Ok, you need to explain what you mean as remake, are you using remake in the name or something?  If you just are naming them as normal (separate films) then I've just tested it again with both films in the same folder and it still works fine.

54a97293ed7f4_Capture.jpg

I'm on the dev server but I don't think this should make a difference to what you are attempting but if you don't give us some clues to how your setup looks then not sure where to go...

Cheers

Vidman

I use other programs that also have trouble with remakes but allows manually sorting. It's not the end of the world that it doesn't see these and I'm not going to go through my library to redo it all as it will cause too many problems for the other programs. I think I'll leave it as is and just put it down to a bug in this software that may sort itself in time or with updates. I'll keep looking into it and report back if I find a fix.

Do you know how to access the metadata editor in the web client? From what you say you haven't managed this yet

Vidman

It seems it is not a bug... Edited by Vidman

aspdend

This works fine on my system - MB3 successfully identifies and downloads the metadata for both the original and the remake...Of course, I do have all my films in separate folders with the year tag on them

jds828

Hi,

Yes they are both listed with the year at the end

I have looked at the metadata editor in the web client and they don't show. I think I'm in the right bit, it's where you can change images etc?

Another thing I noticed was on some TV series I don't get the option to identify  Related?

@@Vidman. If it's not a bug, any ideas what's causing it?

As I said earlier, XBMC/Kodi has trouble with these files too. As does Moving Pictures add-on for mediaportal but they show in the managers so I can just do a new search and add them. I tried adding folder view but no luck with that either. Odd why some work though, just noticed Bad Boys 1 & 2 get picked up fine.

I have a feeling it will be something simple and the pro's certainly win over the cons with the software so for me it's worth putting time into it.

jds828

Hi Vidman,

Do you want screen shots of my folder structure and what's showing in my metadata on the web client?

EDIT:

What a difference some brackets make.

I was looking at Latchmor's screenshot and noticed brackets round the year. I tried this on mine which were Dawn of the Dead 1978.mkv now are Dawn of the Dead (1978).mkv and it picked them up. Odd but I can live with that. Strange I've not had to change them before.

Now on the "Identify" problem in TV series.

Edited by jds828

Vidman

Yes both would help... But it sounds like you have it sorted?

You say it's strange that you've never had to do this before... Yet you also say you've always had problems with this:\

Edited by Vidman

jds828

Haha, Yes I read back on that too.

XBMC for instance listed them both but I had to manually say which was 1978 and 2004. Mediabrowser ignored one of them totally. Either way, we live and learn and if some brackets sort it for everything I will bow my head in shame and admit I was wrong ;)

Thanks again for all the help from everyone.

tornadotj

That is odd that you are having this problem. I've had my share of issues with MB3 not pulling the right data off of TMDb, but this is not one of them. As long as you have Movie Name (2015).mkv for example, it should work. I have probably at least half a dozen movies like this, and they all appear to be correct.