MB3 doesn't show .wtv files

deanhatescoffee

deanhatescoffee
I have MB3 monitoring my Recorded TV folder from WMC. MB3 used to show all of my recorded .wtv files no problem, but now, none of the files show up so I can't watch any recorded shows from WMC in MB3. The only things I can see are a couple of folders - \TempSWMC and \timeshiftfolder. Is there something I'm missing? MB3 used to show all of my recorded .wtv files but sometime in the last month (I don't use this specific feature too often) it changed. Since I'm not interested in metadata organization for my recorded TV shows, I never had recorded TV shows in separate individual folders; however, I did create a folder and moved a .wtv file into it just to see what would happen, which did nothing. I have Auto-Organize off. I'm using Server 3.0.5464.40000. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Edit: I can't see .wtv files in MBT, the Android app, or the web client, so it seems like a server issue to me.

Edited by deanhatescoffee

deanhatescoffee

I reclassified the folder as Unset (mixed content) and it works again. Thanks, Luke.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately you don't get metadata or sorting even though that data is in the files. Bummer.

Edit: I meant that it while it does show some metadata it does not sort/organize into the sorts of pivots you get in MCE.

Edited by IanKen

• 2 weeks later...
rocketkarl

Thanks!  I had the same exact issue, and the work-around worked for me as well.

Not crazy about having my TV shows and home videos intermixed though.  Anyone know why the TV category doesn't support WTV anymore, when clearly MB can handle the format?  Just a missing case statement perhaps? Would love to have this capability back!

KARL 

we do but i think the issue is the organizational method doesn't follow the requirements for a tv library. also, you can multiple distinct home video libraries to keep them separated so there shouldn't be a problem there.

dark_slayer

The ServerWMC plugin will pull all wtv files and their metadata into the "recordings" area under live TV

I like having recorded TV separate from my permanent TV shows library

• 7 months later...
Stephen Maye

Total newbie here.  My recorded TV shows immediately did not show up when the library was set as TV.  As instructed above I created a new folder using Unset and it appears to be working.

I have a lot to learn  :huh:

Total newbie here.  My recorded TV shows immediately did not show up when the library was set as TV.  As instructed above I created a new folder using Unset and it appears to be working.

I have a lot to learn  :huh:

it should be fine with tv though if you're following the tv naming structure.