Web client playback issues when scrubbing time bar

addyp95

addyp95

Hey,

For while now I've noticed I can never get scrubbing (selecting time on the playback progress bar) to work in the web client, and the issue seems to be agnostic of OS and browser. (tested on osx safari, chrome, debian chromium, windows firefox and chrome) and happens with both direct playback and transcoding.

It seems to be the same issue Ghostguy was having here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/11787-scrubbingresume-issue-with-server/?hl=scrubbing

Whenever I scrub to a point in time, it skips way further ahead, and if you scrub too close to the start (like within the first third) it starts playback from 00:00 

It's a real shame as I've really liked the web interface over plexweb and i've been converting everything over from plex but this is the last thing that is just so unusable that it needs to stick around for a bit longer :/

I honestly have no idea what logs to include, being part of the web interface.

also worth noting, even using the chapters that mb3 makes for you (the 5 minute ones) seems to have the same issue, selecting "chapter 2" which starts at 5:00 will skip to ~34.00

Has anyone else had this issue?

server version: 3.0.5464.40000

Edited by addyp95

addyp95

can you post a sample file somewhere like dropbox so i can test it? thanks.

Do you mean a movie file that this happens with?

Ill try find something short to test with, but i feel like this more consistently happens with longer files.