Movie.xml & Auto Boxsets

Smitty018210

Smitty018210

Just a quick questions...I decided to use this plug-in and moved away from the old box sets folder structure. So far only a few have showed up, and from what I found from searching the forum is that probably because of the old Movie.xml files. Some of the ones I have are from a number of years ago. Do need to manually refresh each movie, or is a better option for this to work faster? Thanks guys.

Smitty018210

Awesome, work perfectly. Now what is the safest way to remove unwanted Collections? I don't want to delete any of my movies by mistake. FYI it took about an hour for the complete scan on over 1000 Movies.

Edited by Smitty018210

Smitty018210

I ended up just removing them from the folder location (C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections) Everything on the server seems to be right (all of the collection I removed are gone) but when I use MBC some but not all still there. My guess is they are still in the cache. Can I do a manual refresh from the top layer in metadata editor. There doesn't seem to be a link in the metadata manager like there was for whole my movies library.

Also how do you keep box sets you don't want from reappearing with each rescan?

Edited by Smitty018210

Deleting them from the file system isn't going to work.  They will just come back.

You would need to remove the tmdb collection ID from each source movie.  The easiest way to do that is probably to go into the collection in the editor and remove each individual movie from it.  This will also remove the collection ID from the source.  Once all the movies are removed, then you can just delete the collection with the editor.

However, if you refresh the individual movies or allow them to be automatically updated by the system, they may come back as well.  The object here is for it to be automatic as opposed to completely customized.