A Follow up about the Play All from here

Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I'm loving the feature, however there's one thing that seems to not be working as intended.  Is there a way to ignore previously unwatched episodes if it's before the current episode?

Version: Mediabrowser add-on 0.9.764

Current scenario:

If I start playing E13, and E05 is not watched, it will play E13 and then E05 instead of moving on to E14.

How it should be:

Play E13 and then E14 and ignore unwatched episodes before E13.

Thanks!

Edit, new issue: There's a second problem and it should be fixed. Something should be done to prevent the user from pressing play many times and repeat the same play action. I don't remember it being that way, but it's been happening with the latest version. If I press play twice, it will buffer, start stop the episode and buffer again and start the episode.

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Are you talking about the new feature I added (Autoplay rest of episodes) or do you actually mean the "Play All from Here" functionality that has always been there? I'm a bit confused   :unsure:

Edited by im85288

Angelblue05

I'm talking about the new feature you added via add-on interface (auto-play unplayed). Hehe :)

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

I thought so but confused with your naming of it :) It work's slightly differently from the "play all from here" so just wanted to be 100%

The first point about not playing unwatched that are not in sequence is open a bit to debate...my query would be in your example why start watching from E13 and have E05 unwatched...but nevertheless I'll take a look at the API and see if this can be done.

No idea about the second issue...certainly it is not something introduced with this new feature...why would someone press play multiple times?

Angelblue05

@@im85288

1. A lot of reasons, like currently, trakt is failing at it's job so some of my shows don't always keep their watched status. I just think it should be up to me to decide if I want to watch episode 5, since I made the conscious decision of starting at EP13, or else I would have started at episode 5, let's say. Also, if we are following a logical thread. Nobody would want to watch episode 5 after episode 13. This just causes confusion in most storylines, IMO.

2. I'm not sure, but sometimes I press my harmony remote, nothing happens because of whatever. So I'll press again. The problem is that "buffering" at the top doesn't always show up immediately, causing me to think I mis-pressed the button on my remote, then I press another time. But it ends up loading the same episode twice. It's just odd that there's nothing preventing the user from starting to play the same file multiple times. In XBMC, this is what I experience: buffer > start > stop > buffer > start.

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

@@im85288

1. A lot of reasons, like currently, trakt is failing at it's job so some of my shows don't always keep their watched status. I just think it should be up to me to decide if I want to watch episode 5, since I made the conscious decision of starting at EP13, or else I would have started at episode 5, let's say. Also, if we are following a logical thread. Nobody would want to watch episode 5 after episode 13. This just causes confusion in most storylines, IMO.

2. I'm not sure, but sometimes I press my harmony remote, nothing happens because of whatever. So I'll press again. The problem is that "buffering" at the top doesn't always show up immediately, causing me to think I mis-pressed the button on my remote, then I press another time. But it ends up loading the same episode twice. It's just odd that there's nothing preventing the user from starting to play the same file multiple times. In XBMC, this is what I experience: buffer > start > stop > buffer > start.

@@Angelblue05 - Part 2 of your report will be better in the latest version 0.9.769 as there are less calls to the server now going on when creating the playlist of episodes.

The first one I really do not know how to resolve, this is the code I use for getting the next unplayed episodes in the season. Perhaps @@Luke or someone else knows what parameters to add to not include the use case you described.

jsonData = downloadUtils.downloadUrl("http://" + server + "/mediabrowser/Users/" + userid + "/Items?ParentId=" + seasonId + "&ImageTypeLimit=1&StartIndex=1&SortBy=SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&Filters=IsUnPlayed&IncludeItemTypes=Episode&IsVirtualUnaired=false&Recursive=true&IsMissing=False&format=json", suppress=False, popup=1 )     

• Like 1