Movie naming with different versions of same movie

Rainey

Hi

Is there any way other then puting them in different directorys to naming the same movie that has two or more version.

In my case lets say i have a movie and the two version are USA release and an Uncut release of the same movie.

I had been using the part1 and part2 but had added USA and Uncut also and that don't work good.

I checked here https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming for naming rules and

can't find a good one that would allow me to see Uncut or USA to know which is which.

I see i could have two version like 720p or 1080p but again that don't let me ID it as uncut.

Any ideas how i could do this. like [uncut] things in brackets are ignored ?

Ok, my problem was i did not get the poster when i have them named with two different names in one directory.

Once i added the part1 and 2 in the name it joined them but i had trouble playing them and still did not get the poster image if i had also the USA and Uncut in the file names.

When named like that i could not seem to get the image download to work it would kick out to the user select screen in the server config when i clicked on the download button for the poster image.

I ended up naming the files moviename (year) [uncut] and moviename (year) [usa] in the same directory and i had to manually copy the poster file to the same names as the movie files to get a poster on each movie. Then as you suggested i edited the metadata manualy to add {uncut] and [uSA] to the title. Now the movie is listed twice and i can play either movie. I guess that is how it is done.

I though since you had a 720p or 1080p version setup that maybe you also have a uncut, director cut, special edition setup also.

Deathsquirrel

I understand that there maybe changes in the future to allow for this but for now I suggest you name them as you've described with the identifier in brackets.  Put each copy in a separate folder.  After they are scanned you'll have two copies of the same movie but when you look at the details for the metadata the file name should tell you which is which.  Then edit and lock the metadata to reflect your desired movie name.  I suggest then adding them to a collection so they don't take up two spots in your movie grid when browsing.

• Like 1

Additionaly to Deathsquirrels suggestion you can, in the webclient, select the movie from one folder, add (USA) to the title and on The bottom select to never automatically change the title

Vidman

Ok, my problem was i did not get the poster when i have them named with two different names in one directory.

Once i added the part1 and 2 in the name it joined them but i had trouble playing them and still did not get the poster image if i had also the USA and Uncut in the file names.

When named like that i could not seem to get the image download to work it would kick out to the user select screen in the server config when i clicked on the download button for the poster image.

I ended up naming the files moviename (year) [uncut] and moviename (year) [usa] in the same directory and i had to manually copy the poster file to the same names as the movie files to get a poster on each movie. Then as you suggested i edited the metadata manualy to add {uncut] and [uSA] to the title. Now the movie is listed twice and i can play either movie. I guess that is how it is done.

I though since you had a 720p or 1080p version setup that maybe you also have a uncut, director cut, special edition setup also.

if you had just renamed them in the metadata editor as I suggested it would not have been such a complicated process;) Edited by Vidman