Kodi 14 Aeon Nox Question

kmarq13

kmarq13

I'm not too experienced setting things up, so hopefully this is an easy one for someone to answer.

I'm currently using Aeon Nox and looking to use MB3 as my video backend. Using the Nox customization I want to add a main menu item "Movies" and have that jump right into my MB3 library Movies node. If I add a main menu item just pointing to XBMB3C it will load up and show me all my various libraries and I can choose from there just fine. However, when I try to have the main menu item go directly into one of my libraries directly it isn't working. 

I'm using the activateWindow function generated directly in the Nox menu editor. 

I just get the following:

Is there any way to do this? I have it working currently I'm using PlexBMC and I can do this mapping with no issues, so it would be great if I can get this working with MB3 and I can finish my transition.

Thanks

xnappo

You should definitely be able to do this.  You are going in through 'Choose Type' -> 'Video Library Node' - > 'Video Addons' -> 'MediaBrowser' -> '<Your Node>'?

Which version of Nox are you using exactly?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

kmarq13

I'm on Nox 5.5.6 and XBMB3C 0.9.763

Yup, I've tried adding it that way, as well as selecting Add-on -> Video Addon as the type. Both ways result in the same thing. When I select the menu item I see a screen flash up and close very quickly then I'm left on a generic Video node.

I've attached a log of just opening XBMC and trying to open the node that I had mapped. You can see the error in the last couple lines.

xbmb3c log.txt

boywhosetsfire

Hi,

There's something wrong in the addon, either in MainEntryPoint() or get_params(). I can reproduce that behaviour without problems. But since I'm completely out of the code (I switched back to Plex recently and there has changed so much in the last weeks in the code) I don't want to submit anything directly. I just tried to fix it but then I broke other parts of the addon. So I guess I need your support, Chris :)

When I browse in Kodi manually to "Videos -> Addons -> MediaBrowser -> MySection" MainEntryPoint is getting called with

sys.argv[2] =
?mode=0&url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.29%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f1e21afa8f48051875542a0b400eecb6a%2fitems%3fParentId%3d65b516d7e63927d10bd3b6723598e9be%26IsVirtualUnaired%3dfalse%26IsMissing%3dFalse%26Fields%3dEpisodeCount%2cSeasonCount%2cPath%2cGenres%2cStudios%2cCumulativeRunTimeTicks%2cMetascore%2cSeriesStudio%2cAirTime%2cDateCreated%2cSeasonUserData%2cMediaStreams%26SortOrder%3dAscending%26SortBy%3dSortName%26Genres%3d%26format%3djson%26ImageTypeLimit%3d1

get_params returns
{'url': 'http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.29%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f1e21afa8f48051875542a0b400eecb6a%2fitems%3fParentId%3d65b516d7e63927d10bd3b6723598e9be%26IsVirtualUnaired%3dfalse%26IsMissing%3dFalse%26Fields%3dEpisodeCount%2cSeasonCount%2cPath%2cGenres%2cStudios%2cCumulativeRunTimeTicks%2cMetascore%2cSeriesStudio%2cAirTime%2cDateCreated%2cSeasonUserData%2cMediaStreams%26SortOrder%3dAscending%26SortBy%3dSortName%26Genres%3d%26format%3djson%26ImageTypeLimit%3d1', 'mode': '0'}

So, the url is encoded, trying it that way works since in the parameters "url" is complete.

If I take the other way with the "shortcut" in the main menu MainEntryPoint is getting called with

sys.argv[2] =
?url=http://192.168.178.29:8096/mediabrowser/Users/1e21afa8f48051875542a0b400eecb6a/items?ParentId=65b516d7e63927d10bd3b6723598e9be&IsVirtualUnaired=false&IsMissing=False&Fields=&EnableImages=false&IsFast=true&SortOrder=Ascending&SortBy=SortName&Genres=&format=json&ImageTypeLimit=1&mode=0

and get_params returns
{'Genres': '', 'format': 'json', 'url': 'http://192.168.178.29:8096/mediabrowser/Users/1e21afa8f48051875542a0b400eecb6a/items?ParentId=65b516d7e63927d10bd3b6723598e9be', 'Fields': '', 'EnableImages': 'false', 'mode': '0', 'IsMissing': 'False', 'ImageTypeLimit': '1', 'IsFast': 'true', 'SortOrder': 'Ascending', 'IsVirtualUnaired': 'false', 'SortBy': 'SortName'}

That one fails since in the parameters "url" is invalid, it returns the correct section but not in json format.

But shouldn't actually the "failing version" be the right one (since the parameters are splitted correctly) and the "working version" should fail (since the url is not really getting splitted and I guess that's the intention behind get_params() )? Maybe I'm just too tired, it's already 4am here... :o

Concerning Nox5 for Helix: yes, I've already prepared the skin a couple of weeks ago during beta phase, I just haven't uploaded it to the repo yet. After doing some tests with the latest MB server and the latest Kodi-addon everything still seems to run fine, so I will try to upload it in the next minutes.

But since I'm using Plex at the moment I won't add any new features in the next time. But I will do some tests regularly with Mediabrowser to keep it running with potential modifications in the addon. Also doing it for selfish reasons since it's probably just a matter of time until I switch back to Mediabrowser.

Btw.: Since my modified version of Nox5 creates the shortcuts in the main menu automatically that one should be usable for you, kmarq13.

• Like 2

boywhosetsfire

Upload of the Helix version to the repo (NOT the beta repo) just finished, it will take a while until it becomes visible. Let me know if it's still not there in a couple of hours, I haven't done this for some time.

kmarq13

Upload of the Helix version to the repo (NOT the beta repo) just finished, it will take a while until it becomes visible. Let me know if it's still not there in a couple of hours, I haven't done this for some time.

I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks a ton for looking into this.

xnappo

Hi,

There's something wrong in the addon, either in MainEntryPoint() or get_params(). I can reproduce that behaviour without problems. But since I'm completely out of the code (I switched back to Plex recently and there has changed so much in the last weeks in the code) I don't want to submit anything directly. I just tried to fix it but then I broke other parts of the addon. So I guess I need your support, Chris :)

What is weird is I am pretty sure I am doing this same thing in Nox4 and it works.  I will try Nox5.

boywhosetsfire

It works for me in Nox4 as well. I'm not familiar with the skin-code here in both Nox-versions, but they seem to store the link to the Mediabrowser library differently.

In Nox4 I get something like this after I chose anything from the Mediabrowser lib:

ActivateWindow(videos,"plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?url=http%3a%2f%2f192.168.178.29%3a8096%2fmediabrowser%2fUsers%2f1e21afa8f48051875542a0b400eecb6a ... (so it's encoded)

In Nox5 I get:

ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?url=http://192.168.178.29:8096/mediabrowser/Users/1e21afa8f48051875542a0b400eecb6a ...

And calling the addon with the second URL doesn't work.

Edited by boywhosetsfire

xnappo

Ok, well then it is a skin problem, and since your Helix mod makes it not as important I guess we can leave it be for now anyway :)

BTW I am sure @@Luke would be interested in what you find lacking in MB vs Plex...

boywhosetsfire

For me it's not that important, but IMHO the addon should handle both types of URLs :) We could add something like "if URL not encoded encode it" and the start working, but since I still don't understand that parameter-splitting (or at least not the intention with the current implementation) I don't want to change anything there myself. But as you mentioned, with my modified version the problem is not that big.

Maybe I'm writing something in the developer forum why I'm using Plex at the moment, I already thought about doing that.

• Like 1

xnappo

Okay - I will look at the encoding thing, but it isn't high on my priority list is all.  

grimsage

I am unable to get the skin in helix when using the main repo, it shows as incompatible, anything I need to do to be able to use this?

boywhosetsfire

Could you please try it again in a couple of hours? Just tried to fix it. Skin name has to be "Aeon Nox 5 Mediabrowser".

kmarq13

Looks like that fixed it. I saw it listed as compatible. However, I was having internet issues and couldn't actually download it to confirm.