auto boxset is not working

dirkdigs

dirkdigs

my auto boxset plugin does not work.

it initially ran and populated a bunch of collections (64 exactly)

example

saw collection

it created the saw collection with 2 movies. then i downloaded the other 3 . however the collection still only shows 2. so its not updating itself automatically?

am i missing something?

Ginga is correct.  That field must be filled in on the movies in order for the plug-in to work.  Therefore, you need to use our metadata fetching or another one that supports that field.

• Like 1

dirkdigs

is there a way to fetch this info automatically?

or do i have to do advanced refresh on each and every movie in my library.

ginjaninja

is there a way to fetch this info automatically?

or do i have to do advanced refresh on each and every movie in my library.

its a normal part of the movie fetching process.

I use a renamer (MCM) to ensure all content added to library matches moviedb 100%..so MB3 never has problems identifying content and fetching this metadata.

as long as your movies are identified for TMDBID the collection ID will be populated.

FWIW there used to be (may still be) a shortcoming in the fetching process for this attribute in that it did not reliably sync to TMDBID should the TMDB master value ever change,

I think now the only thing that wont sync now is a blank value of TMDB wont override a populated value on MB3.

refreshing the movies, individually or at root, should should populate this value unless you are using an external metadata fetcher..ie 3rd party derived movie.xml.

ginjaninja

for my metadata downloaders I have

1; thmoviedb

2; the open movie db

are you storing movie.xml in with the movie?

was ir created by a 3rd party app?

try removing xml / restart server / rescan..prior to advanced full refresh..

is the correct tmdbid populated? but the collection id blank?

worth posting a debug log on an advanced refresh.

its an easy one to get to the bottom of...

dirkdigs

i notice that every movie that gets added to media browser does not get any metadata under "external IDs" for

"theMovieDB ID" or "theMovieDB collection ID" , i have to do an advanced refresh and then it shows up.

am i not configured correctly or is this the same for everyone.

Something isn't configured correctly more than likely.  We'd need to see a log from when this occurs to have any more idea.

dirkdigs

here i just added g.i. joe rise of the cobra. and it has not metadata for themoivedb or any collection.

new 2.txt

Edited by dirkdigs

what application is populating your metadata? because it looks like your own nfo file was supplied from elsewhere, in which case that becomes the complete metadata record and it would need to have the data. so you can either manually refresh from the metadata manager or stop creating your own nfo's and let media browser do it.

Happy2Play

The logs says g.i. joe rise of the cobra is locked also.

Edited by Happy2Play

dirkdigs

at the moment there isn't one. it's better to just make sure it's not there.

ok well that sucks because every movie i have comes with an nfo file.

Well, however you are acquiring them [ahem] there is usually an option to NOT copy over the nfo file.

• Like 1

dirkdigs

i changed my post processor so that it does not copy over anything other than the video file. it still does not pull metadata for themoviedb . and it looks like MB is creating its own nfo / xml files along with .jpeg image files. (which makes sense)

in metadata > services there is a setting "metadata downloaders" - i have "themoviedb" set as #1 and "the open movie databse" as # 2, when does it actually do a scan of the folder and retrieve metadata? is there a way to force an updaate?

Edited by dirkdigs