Empty TV folders now showing in lbrary

eddiepropane
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

eddiepropane

Hi,

Running the dev server Version 3.0.5478.2560 but have had the same issue with the last few builds.

When I view my TV shows (webclient, MBT and MB Android App) it is no longer respecting the user preference to not show missing episodes etc so I am now getting a lot of empty folders show up.

Just wondering if anyone else has the issue or if it as at my end somewhere...

Cheers, Bob.

eddiepropane

Hi,

Sorry for the delay and happy new year!!

I'm not used to uploading screenshots so sorry if they are massive.

Here is an example from the webclient:

54a530a65a665_screencapture1921681120809

As you can see, it shows up even though there are no video files in the folder, the same actually goes for Fanton Works, Street Outlaws and Highway To Sell which are suggested to watch on the same page...

This is the contents of the Bitchin' Rides folder:

54a5319312c14_Folder.png

If you need anything else, logs etc,  just let me know :)

Thanks

The server doesn't hide empty folders. It is something we've talked about doing but haven't gotten to yet.

eddiepropane

OK dude and cheers for the reply Luke.

Obviously I am not doubting what you are saying as you are the man that knows lol

I have no idea then because I'm like 99% sure that I recently went from having 70 something TV shows to over 100 (matching my sickbeard list).

It was after the profile.XML bug recently where I edited the user xml manually etc following you instructions which worked, I then reinstalled MBT as that also had an update bug.

I noticed things like Agent Carter showing up in my TV shows which was not there before and odd as the show has not aired yet so it has never had a video file in the folder and then checked the webclient and it was the same.

I remember it used to be like this for me a while back until the hide missing episodes option was introduced to user view preferences and then, for me, until your reply I thought they had stopped showing.

Cheers anyway,

• Solution

if you are using the dev server, then yes there is a change there. 

normally we would assume a folder is a tv series only with the presence of an episode video file or season 1 folder. now it's any folder under your tv series root.

it sounds like a setting to hide empty folders should move up the priority list because others may end up reporting this too.

• Like 2

eddiepropane

Cheers mate and yeah I'm on dev server.

Yeah I'd appreciate the setting at some point, I archive some shows but normally deleted a season when its finished if its just crap off History lol

As long as I am not losing my mind is the main thing lol

Thanks again Luke, Bob.