Can't Install Plugins remotely.

ab123ga

ab123ga

Question: I'm trying to set up MBC on a relative's machine. I have them pointing to my MBS. The issue is two fold:

1) When I log in via their ID, I cannot see the option for plugins. 

2) When I log in via my ID, I can see the plugins option but when I select the screen just goes a bit darker. Almost like it is trying to access a different window. 

I've searched and seen where there were some issues /w loading plugins related to resolution but trying to see if this should be doable via a remote connection. 

Classic version= Version 3.0.5464.40000

Logs = https://app.box.com/s/soevfeyipdbph1imnf2w

The issue you are seeing sounds like a screen format problem (4:3 vs 16:9).  However, you won't be able to install plug-ins via a remote session because that looks like an extender to our program and you cannot install plug-ins from an extender.

ab123ga

So by what you are saying MBC connecting to a remote server can not have plugins and what is considered remote? I ask b/c I have 2 PCs on my local network and I can add plugins onto both. 

So by what you are saying MBC connecting to a remote server can not have plugins and what is considered remote? I ask b/c I have 2 PCs on my local network and I can add plugins onto both. 

No, sorry, that's not what I meant.  I thought you meant you were remoting into the other machine as in a RDP session.  That is what cannot install a plug-in.  Any normal install of MBC can have plug-ins.

ab123ga

Ok.... I'll see if my sister can install one of the plugins on her own. I use splashtop remote and that should have nothing to do with it but will have her try and see if anything different occurs. 

Thanks... 

• 1 year later...
eliteinfo

I know this is 2 year old, but do I understand correctly if i'm remotly managing my emby server with (splashtop) I cannot install plugins ? Why ? any work around this ?

I know this is 2 year old, but do I understand correctly if i'm remotly managing my emby server with (splashtop) I cannot install plugins ? Why ? any work around this ?

That is not correct. You can install plugins from any device. This thread is about plugins for Emby for Windows Media Center. Windows Media Center does not work properly over remote desktop so that's what this question was about.

Does that help?