Dnla streaming issue

mshollack

mshollack

Whenever I stream certain content to my dish hopper or Joey clients the director commentary will play. If I play it from Kodi or on the MB server it plays fine. Any ideas or hints?

I have ripped all my movies to mkv using make mkv.

and also check what user you've assigned to dlna in the server dashboard under Dlna. it will take into account the language preferences of that user.

mshollack

Thank you, I did check this as you recommended. I did have a user selected and English set as the preference. I noticed that this mkv had multiple audio tracks. For whatever reason the hopper clients kept bypassing track ID 1 which was the 5.1 track and jumping to track ID 3 which was the stereo track.

I was able to fix it by remixing the mkv and removing this track. Now it plays correctly on the dnla clients. Hopefully this might help with a possible bug.

well it depends. if it's direct streaming then the hopper is playing the file as-is. we have no ability to control what track it chooses. if the server is transcoding then we can control that and i don't believe there's any bug there.