[Music] Filter "Album" has no library scope in Android Client

zowie

Hello,

first of all I want to say that browsing single artist music albums and playing them with Chromecast works really good. Well done.

Currently there is a problem with the filter scope:

[Reproduction]

- Setup some separate libraries. Each for content type "music". E.g. one for various artist music, one for albums with one artist and one for audiobooks.

- Enter one libary in the android client by tapping on the library you want to view

- Select Filter "Album"

Result: All albums are shown, even the ones from the other library. This is not what one would expect.

Now do the same with the web client.

- Turn off grouping for the libraries

- Enter one libary in the web client, e.g. "audiobooks"

- Select Filter "Album"

Result: Only the "audiobooks" from the selected library are shown.

Works as expected.

Currently it seems, that the android client "groups by content type" by default and there is no option to turn that off. But then it should show the content type for the grouped libraries in the main library view and not the library name. This is the way the web client behaves, which is more consistent.

But don't get me wrong, I really like the "ungrouped" behaviour. It would be good, if this is the default and the filter works on the selected library only.

[some Info about my setup]

All my music is processes with the Music Brainz software and I am using the recommended folder structure.

Google Nexus 10 Tablet

Android Client: 2.1.38 (latest 29.12.2014)

Windows Server: 3.0.5464.40000 (latest 29.12.2014)