Trailers Showing up on Selection Screen

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

Screenshot

Screenshot%20%2814%29.png?dl=0

The name pretty much says it all. This is also a very recent development, going back to the last big(ish) server update. I was looking for similar issues on the forums and it seems others ahve had a similar problem, but I am seeing various ways in which it was handled. Since I would like to fix it right the first time, I figured I would start my own issue thread.

Deathsquirrel

There are several threads on this but it generally seems to boil down to your trailer name not matching your movie file name.  Certainly that was the case on my server.  I renamed the offending files, cleared the local meatdata, and rescanned.  Problem solved.

Yea the next server release will be more lenient to handle more mish mash conventions regarding trailer names.

TolkienBard

Ugh. All of my trailers came from the scrapers. I have about 2000 of them to rename it seems. That's going to take forever since not every title has a trailer in the title folder.

TolkienBard

Okay, this is weird. I still don't know why suddenly trailers stopped being trailers, and started being movies, but I do see what might be at least part of the issue. It seems that all of my trailers are missing the first character in the title of the clip. I have never done anything with these files. They are now, how the MB plugins/scrapers put them onto the machine. 

Does this mean I have to go through and find every single trailer on the server somehow, and then rename every file? If so, I think I would rather just start clean. Is there some way I could just rapidly find and then delete all of them, then have the plugin/scrapers go and find them all again (hopefully naming them properly this time)?

TolkienBard

search in explorer for "*-trailer"?

Once I track all the trailers down and delete them, will I be able to simply run the plugin search for trailers again and have them work properly? Or should I expect to still have to go through and rename them all?