[Trakt Plugin] Feature request to sync resolution

steve1977

steve1977

@@Redshirt, any chance to have the plugin send/sync video resolution info to Trakt. This is now supported by the API and will soon be reflected in the web interface. I can then see what video resolution I have in my collection (e.g., 1080p, 720p, etc.). Thanks!!!

• Like 2

Redshirt

I'm not working on Trakt and I don't see that changing.

Edited by Redshirt

steve1977

Did a bit more research and quite cool to see that trakt will soon be able to show media type (e.g., bluray), resolution (e.g., 1080p), audio (e.g., DTS), audio channel (e.g., 5.1) and whether I have collected the 3D movie. That may become quite helpful!!!

i have asked one of the developers are trakt for the parameters. Mediaportal has implemented this and he shared the code info with me. Please see below and let me know if this helps?

Data Structure: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/blob/master/TraktPlugin/TraktAPI/DataStructures/TraktSyncMovieCollected.cs#L10

Implementation: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/blob/master/TraktPlugin/TraktHandlers/MovingPictures.cs#L288

steve1977

Good idea, let me send him a PM and see whether he is interested. I am not sure whether and how he is affiliated with Mediaportal, which is "competing"?

saitoh183

Just a FYI but trakt v2 is going live tomorrow (dec 29th)...So this means so will there new API :) .

saitoh183

Good idea, let me send him a PM and see whether he is interested. I am not sure whether and how he is affiliated with Mediaportal, which is "competing"?

This is Open source, why compete when its better to share the wealth!

steve1977

Just a FYI but trakt v2 is going live tomorrow (dec 29th)...So this means so will there new API :) .

API V2 is already live for a few months and I believe that the plugin is already using it? This request is about a new feature that was not possible with the old API and would need to be added.

i'm not sure if the plugin has upgraded to v2 or not yet. it definitely could benefit from another community member to help with the coding for it.

saitoh183

i'm not sure if the plugin has upgraded to v2 or not yet. it definitely could benefit from another community member to help with the coding for it.

i would be surprised with all the issues we have posted on the forum :). I would lend a hand if i could program...but in the IT world this isnt my strong suit :(

Edited by saitoh183

StevenDTX

Yeah, the current plugin certainly is not working with the new api.

Wish i knew how to help.

Edited by StevenDTX

jasonmcroy

Not working here either. This is a very important plugin in to me as I use it all the time in coordination with my TV Show recording. I don't have any experience with coding or I would jump on this one right away.

Any response from the Media Portal Dev?

-Jason

Not working here either. This is a very important plugin in to me as I use it all the time in coordination with my TV Show recording. I don't have any experience with coding or I would jump on this one right away.

Any response from the Media Portal Dev?

-Jason

This thread is about a feature request to report more data to trakt. If something isn't working, please open a new thread. See:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/