Missing actor images

bnwbass
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

How to resolve actors that have a persons xml file in the " C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People" but the no image shows up in theme?

thx

bw

No, a mater of fact there is no image in any of the folders in this directory.  I just have a long list a-z (first letters only) under the people folder, e.g. Adam sandler shows in the theme but there is nothing in that folder not even an xml.  Where are these images coming from and populating the theme?  In MB2 I stored them locally using meta browser.

bw

See the blog post accompanying the latest release.  It will probably require the 3rd party tools to change to be compatible or you can use our fetching.

Is the correct structure to have a long list a-z (first letters only) under the people folder. I ask because I have been messing around with the IBN people folder in the app data and maybe caused problems.

This what I am not sure about now?  After server install, I wasn't seeing all images so I copied my people folder from the MB2 build (stored local) to C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName directory. 

When I restart the server all of those folers get replaced by this list A-Z as I pointed out in the previous posts.  So I'm not sure where the images are being pulled from because there is no images in these folder locations either after the sever re-created the people folder.  However, I do see some images in the MBC theme but not all that I should. 

thx

bw

• Solution

Yeah, if you installed fresh, you will be on the new scheme and the people information will come from the A-Z folders.  In short, you won't be able to copy over from MB2.

• Like 1

Ok, thx, Is there a way to reset fetching for just the people folders without re-installing the server?  To ensure I'm getting new scheme and the people information.

bw

Ok, thx, Is there a way to reset fetching for just the people folders without re-installing the server?  To ensure I'm getting new scheme and the people information.

bw

I think the only way would probably be to just delete the contents of your people folder.

So clear out this folder, but don't delete the "People" folder itself, just the contents.

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People

crashkelly

I think the only way would probably be to just delete the contents of your people folder.

So clear out this folder, but don't delete the "People" folder itself, just the contents.

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\People

Basically I did that the other day after the new server build was released, deleted everything under the People folder, the other day and then let MB3 refresh all the images. Took a few hours but it went off without a hitch.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

For the next release and in the current beta, behavior is improved to help with this.

When scanning in new titles, even if you have existing metadata we'll still go out to the internet to try and pull in people information. 

Also, when opening individual person detail screens, there will be some on demand refreshing to attempt to fill in metadata for people that don't have any.