Can't Access DVD menus for VIDEO_TS rips

tmcbride67
Go to solution Solved by Latchmor,

tmcbride67

Hi,

I am running MB Server 3.0.54.64.40000 and MB Classic 3.0.238.  Most of my media are DVD rips stored in the VIDEO_TS folder format.  Back when I was running MB2, when I selected a specific movie it would bring up the main DVD menu as if I had inserted the physical DVD.  I could then select whatever audio track I wanted (Dolby, DTS, Director commentary, etc.) before starting the movie.  Now that I have upgraded to MB3, when I select a movie it immediately starts buffering and streaming the movie instead of bringing up the main DVD menu.  I can't seem to find a way to get to the DVD menu to come up at all.  Also, the Fast Forward and chapter skip buttons don't seem to do anything.  If I try to use either the rewind or chapter back buttons, it always takes me back to the start of the movie, no matter how far into the movie I have gotten.

I have read in previous posts that in the "Playback" tab of MB's "Configuration screen I need to uncheck the "Use Custom Player Interface" option as well as check the "Disable for DVD Rips".  I have done this (See attached screen capture) but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Whenever I choose "Play" the movie immediately starts to stream and I have no way to access the menus or even fast forward the movie.  Am I missing some other setting I need to configure to be able to do this?

post-2241-0-24723300-1419627693_thumb.jpg

• Solution
Latchmor

Hi, this could indicate that MBC can't directly access your rips. Is your library properly setup with network shares using UNC paths?

If I wasn't on my mobile I'd give some more info but search for UNC paths on the forum.

Cheers

• Like 1

Latchmor is probably correct but if you Uncheck that first option, none of the others will matter because you turned off the custom interface for everything.

Once you confirm your items are directly playing, just check the option to disable the custom interface for DVD rips and leave it enabled for other media types.

tmcbride67

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.  Sorry if I am being dense, but I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding you about setting up my library using UNC paths.  All of my media is stored on local hard drives on my server.  I have attached two screenshots.  The first shows how I have added the files to my library in Media Browser.  The second shows the actual file path to one of the VIDEO_TS folders in my library.  In the second screenshot, "V" is a local hard drive on the server, not a network share.  On the root of that drive is a folder called "Shares".  Any folders that I share from that drive are placed in there.  Inside the "Shares" folder is another folder called "Video" which I have shared.  Inside the "Video" folder are sub folders for the type of video, such as DVD, MKV, etc.  Inside the "DVD" subfolder is a folder call "Movies" and all of DVD rips are stored there.

Are you saying that even though my media files are local to my server, I still need to create a network share for them and then add them to the library using a "shared" network path instead of just a local file path?  Do I need to make the "Movies" folder into an NTFS share and then add it to the library using the path \\localhost\V:\Shares\Video\DVD\Movies?

549f133e0152e_MediaLibrary.jpg

549f16fb1ddd0_FilePath.jpg

Are you saying that even though my media files are local to my server, I still need to create a network share for them and then add them to the library using a "shared" network path instead of just a local file path?  Do I need to make the "Movies" folder into an NTFS share and then add it to the library using the path \\localhost\V:\Shares\Video\DVD\Movies?

Yes.