Time to Move away from XBOX! Help....

skidmarks

skidmarks

Hey folks i have decided it is time for me to move away from my XBOX360's for extenders.  XBOX One it sounds like they are done with WMC.  I hope that XBOX One will allow for the dev team to make an ap to use with it.  But i'm ready to retire my 3 XBOX 360's (WMC for extenders).  OPINIONS are needed and appreciated,  what should i switch to?  Checking out the Roku hardware.  Do i need the top of the line model or what?  Anyway, what should i be looking at?  My video collection is mostly MKV files.  Guess at some point they will be converted AGAIN to m2ts...

Thanks in advance

Edited by skidmarks

skidmarks

I see another thread that suggests the Roku 3.  Sorry for duplicating threads...  If you can delete this that would be ok.

Thanks!

Edited by skidmarks

While I recommend the Roku 3 over the others, that isn't to say the other models like the new Roku 2 or Roku 1 (the new one, don't get a used first generation Roku) won't work. I just think for a little extra money you can pickup the top of the line product and it will last you all that much longer compared to the older/less powerful models.

My only issue cutting the cord is getting HBO/Showtime stuff... otherwise I'm all for it. My cable bill is very low ($120ish for TV/Phone/Internet with every channel and boosted internet), so I don't know how much I'd save "cutting" the cord.