Question and feature Request

gismo33

Hello,

first of one question:

1) After MB-Server scans all my media i go thru the media-manger and changed some Metadata-informations and delete some duplicate Backgrounds,Actors etc. But i also enabled "automatic update from fanart.tv and themoviedb.com". So my question is, does MedaBrowser-Server redownload the duplicated Wallpapers etc automatically or maybe when i run a "media scan" or "people refresh"?

2) I set up MediaBrowser-Server with German language. i installed the "Auto Box" Plugin for Movie Collections. The Problem is, that some Collections have English Titles like "48 Hrs. Collection" although there is the German Title "48 Stunden Filmreihe" available on tmdb.com. If i identify the Collection manually with the german title the plugin found the collection but the plugin still doesn't replace the english title with the german one. But this happens for only some collections, not all. Any Ideas?

3) Feature Request: i got all my metadata from themoviedb.com but i don't want to get the movie-ratings from there. I think the best website for that is IMDB.com but i don't see this option in MediaBrowser. I would love to see an option that i can download movie-ratings from IMDB.

Big thanks

Edited by gismo33

3) Feature Request: i got all my metadata from themoviedb.com but i don't want to get the movie-ratings from there. I think the best website for that is IMDB.com but i don't see this option in MediaBrowser. I would love to see an option that i can download movie-ratings from IMDB.

IMDb is a commercial enterprise and charges for access to their data so we can't get anything from them directly.

IMDb is a commercial enterprise and charges for access to their data so we can't get anything from them directly.

You are right. But I know that some MediaScraper for XBMC that can request the imdb rating and write it into the nfo. So its not impossible. I found that solution: You can easily get the imdb ratings and votes with the corresponding imdb-ID on that free website: http://www.omdbapi.com

Thanks. I would love to the IMDB ratings in MediaBrowser-Server :)

Edited by gismo33

we already do get imdb ratings via the open movie database

Yes, you are right - sorry for that.

But what i mean is that it would be nice if i can choose witch metadata i get from omdb or tmdb.

I attach a pic.jpg - maybe you get a better idea what i mean. (i translate the important things on that screenshot because its in german^^).

I got that screenshot from "mediaElch" (a xbmc scraper). Their you can choose for e.g. i want to get the title,tagline,collection informations and the actor-images from tmdb,

but the movie rating from imdb/omdb etc...

On MediaBrowser i can choose the scraper too, but not that detailed.

Thanks

post-5482-0-82113600-1419693184_thumb.jpg

Edited by gismo33
  • Like 1