Backup question

MndWrp

Hi all, im loving my mb3 experience and want to continue with it long term. I'm looking for a way to backup my local metadata and artwork only. I spend a lot of time tweaking the artwork because, well, it's fun!

I would like to not lose that work if everything fails..

i have everything on my nas and duplicated on external drives but i am looking for a simple solution to backup off site. I know of things like Dropbox and Google Drive but so far i haven't found one that would let me simply exclude by file type. 'Sync everything but mkv files' ...that i can easily recreate if need be...

Any ideas what i can use to accomplish this?

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, usually I use the Ahsay Backup software. It is an advanced disk-to-disk-to-disk (D2D2D) backup solution for Businesses and MSPs / VARs. It comes with the most comprehensive features that can fulfill all the on-premises backup, online backup, offsite backup, and cloud backup needs of nowadays businesses. At the same time, it is the most affordable backup solution available in the market.

saitoh183

Hi all, im loving my mb3 experience and want to continue with it long term. I'm looking for a way to backup my local metadata and artwork only. I spend a lot of time tweaking the artwork because, well, it's fun!

I would like to not lose that work if everything fails..

i have everything on my nas and duplicated on external drives but i am looking for a simple solution to backup off site. I know of things like Dropbox and Google Drive but so far i haven't found one that would let me simply exclude by file type. 'Sync everything but mkv files' ...that i can easily recreate if need be...

Any ideas what i can use to accomplish this?

Thanks for the help!

I do this every week. I have artwork save to media folder set in MBS. Then i use Goodsync to sync artwork and metadata (either move or copy) to another location. Goodsync can sync to lots of locations and you can set it to auto run or on a schedule and it can send email on completion/failure.