New Wiki

Luke

It's very early and many pages are still empty:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki

But please let us know what you think of the layout and if you think it will be easy to find content. Also coming soon to the next server release is a nifty help button throughout the web interface that will take you to the corresponding wiki page:

5499d1f551e49_Untitled.png

And lastly, since people often search the forum for help, we'll probably create stub topics here that link to the wiki, that way they'll appear in the forum search engine. For example:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15724-cinema-mode-guide/

• Like 8

So what do you guys think of it so far? it is just getting started and doesn't really go into the library browsing side of the web client yet.

if someone could volunteer to help write an article that would be a tremendous help. Plugins, Notifications, Live TV...those are all currently blank.

• Like 2

CashMoney

Looks good Luke. I'll have some free time in a few days (hopefully), I'll take a look and see what I can add then.

Koleckai Silvestri

Have been following the additions. It looks great and much easier to get around than a series of forum postings. Keep up the good work.

Well done Luke.

I think I have time for this to help with the others friends here, since it now easy to post something as a task, not complete tut as before :)

But I need to temp install MB3 to see the many new added features options  been done within the past months or so.

Still we need anyone whom can help in this, so please when you have time to help, thanks in advanced for all.

• Like 1

CashMoney

Ok, I've got some free time. Do I need access of some kind or can I just go ahead and "clone to desktop" and commit? Github Username is CashMoney1974.

Ok, I've got some free time. Do I need access of some kind or can I just go ahead and "clone to desktop" and commit? Github Username is CashMoney1974.

try forking, then cloning and committing.

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

try forking, then cloning and committing.

Is it possible to fork the wiki?  You are using the wiki section of the repo which I don't think is actually capable of being forked. It can be cloned and committed to but I haven't figured out how to actually fork for PRs.

CashMoney

It can be cloned, yes. The only issue I've come across is images. You can't commit to the cloned wiki fork because it's cloned .... or forked. I forget which. So I cheated, made my own repo, then uploaded the images by drag and drop into issue posts, then linked from there to the cloned wiki. I think it worked ... :)