HIGH PRIORITY: 3.0.7 HotFix

7illusions

7illusions

I will have to create a hotfix before jumping into 3.1.0.

It has ALOT of changes though, but everything is under the hood.

Latest build:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!88434&authkey=!ACjNGhynohwO0qw&ithint=file%2czip

Why this Hotfix?

It will solve a lot of connection problems

It will fix the subtitle crashes that are reported.

Faster RemoteConnection

What are the BIG changes?

DeviceProfile is now stored to disk.

The PlayerFramework is now built from source.

The Subtitles plugin is now build from source, with modificatons

The HLS solution is now built from source.

Lots of refactoring.

Added hint to bottom-appbar

Removed direct navigation to hubs from top-appbar

This release should not introduce any new features, except for the profile on disk but that is still somewhat hidden.

Please try it out as fast as possible to see that no new bugs were added, thanks

Edited by 7illusions

techywarrior

The subtitle issue I had seems to be fixed.

When playing back video the back arrow, transcoding/direct play, and codec info is no longer displayed on the video at the top. That information is actually pretty useful, and the back is sort of needed for RT without a keyboard :)

Is making the app handle tombstoning on the agenda? It would be handy to be able to minimize the app (go to desktop etc.) and not have it reload as if I just launched it fresh. EDIT - This may only be a problem when you are playing something. From the view pages it seems to work.

The "views" aren't actually using the MB views. Content that is not part of my TV view is showing in TV in this app. Movies same issue. Since you can now select which folders are part of the "view" and which aren't this has become a more noticeable issue.

Is there any particular type of streaming we should be testing or everything? (I can't test Live TV due to some issue introduced with the DLNA support for HDHomerun)

Edited by techywarrior

techywarrior

Interesting, I went to go play something else just now and this time the back button and the transcoding/direct play info did show up on the top bar. It was a different file but I don't remember specifically what the first one I tried was to see if it's just sort of fixed itself (not helpful if it's completely random)

EDIT - ROFL, and after writing this and loading back into the app (which since I was on a video playback reloads the entire app) playing the video I was just playing a minute ago and the back button, transcoding info, etc. bar is not visible.

I did notice that sometimes the green circles don't render under the check mark or unwatched count. This also seems to be totally random as going into a movie and back out makes different ones not render. I suspect it may have something to do with the order the images are being rendered. Perhaps the circle is being drawn before the poster and so it ends up hidden behind it?

Edited by techywarrior

Hi

Based on teckywarrior comments I checked some more.... mouse move on the playback screen brings up controls, but then they don't fade away. Haven't had a look at the green circles yet. 

7illusions

New build available.

Improved startup-time for remote connections, should now be about 25 seconds faster

Hi,

Been falling down on the job. Lost in streaming profiles, Dlna and ffmpeg.(SPDF)

Test cases

Htpc wired Ethernet, local server- noticeable improvement in startup

Laptop wireless , local server- noticeable improvement in startup

Overall impressions satisfied with speed of app (always have been)

-maybe some caching tweaks in one or two places, but they would be wish list or nice to have refinements (beyond scope of hotfix)

BTW have the streaming profile mostly working with my preferences :). I like that I can have the HTPC tweaked differently that the laptop. Have lots of questions, but that seems more appropriate for the 3.1 release. Back to SPDF land!

-Vicpa

• Like 1