Can't get MBClassic installed

diaz1510
Go to solution Solved by diaz1510,

diaz1510

I've installed MBServer on one of the computers in my home network acting as the server.  All is good with that install.  I tried to install MBClassic as the client on my other PC and it keeps getting an error:

An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/beta/mbc/MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.application'.
See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDDFBA.tmp\install.log' for more information.

I've tried to redownload multiple times thinking it may be a corrupt download, but nothing works.  At first it wouldn't do the automatic .NET 4.5 install so I went to Microsoft and manually installed NET 4.5.  Now I get the error that it can't downlaod the app installer. I've got previous versions of .NET already installed as well. Im running Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 32-bit on both the client and server PCs. Below is the log file I get:

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.1.1 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.50709'
Setting value '4.5.50709 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.50709 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1', phase BuildList
Reading value 'SP' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5'
Read integer value 1
Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNet35SP'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1':
Property: [DotNet35SP] = 1 {int}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFx35setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueGreaterThanEqualTo' on property 'DotNet35SP' and value '1': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFx35setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'.NET Framework 3.5 SP1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697211'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/beta/mbc/MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.application'.

I'd like to try this thing out but can't do that because I'm unable to install teh client app.  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help...

Edited by are6rider

• Solution
diaz1510

SOLVED

I ended up solviong this myself...actually by accident.  It mustve been related to an issue I was having with Internet Explorer 10.  I usually use Firefox, but when I tried to open IE10, it would'nt connect to the interrnet

Well, after doing some research, found that this worked for IE10...and incidentally...it also fixed my MBC install problem:

1. right click on the cmd prompt and open as administrator
2. at the commend line type "netsh winsock reset"
3. Reboot

Not really sure what happened but it all worked out...

• Like 1