localhost 8096 error on instalation

lawchap

Please don't shoot me albeit I am a hostage to my own misfortune.  First off hello lovely community and I am sorry to be needy in my first post.  However even the dunces don't get to sit in my particular corner so I need a little help.  I am trying to install the latest version of the server onto my windows 7 machine.  Once it gets to the wizard state I get the 'opps cant connect to localhost 8096' message,  I've disabled all firewalls.  I've tried port forwarding the computers ip address (is it I

the iv4 or such like).  Does any kind soul have any suggestions other than stop bothering me with simple stuff:-) 

Thanks

Pete

Seems u have similar problem like i have/had, check my post here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14709-question-about-connecting-from-localhost/ There are several suggestions how to solve it, however i didn't make it in the proper way. But some workaround worked for me.  

Thank you kindly, it's sorted now.  Seems the problem was with the host file.  Thanks for the info it was just the job:-)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
Ummefatema

I don't know the IP of our local emby Media server. What do I do now and where can I get the IP on the local Emby Media Server? Please help me.

Ummefatema

I don't know the IP of our local emby Media server. What do I do now and where can I get the IP on the local Emby Media Server? Please help me.