Make a default folder

tornadotj

tornadotj

Is there a way to make a default folder in the Media Library other than deleting all the folders and recreating them? I've tried to change the order, but I can't find a way to do it. 

In my case, 3D Movies is the top folder in the Media Library (in the MB3 Dashboard) so when I start MB3 Classic, it defaults to that folder first. I very rarely watch 3D Movies, and would rather it default to my standard Movies folder.

Happy2Play

Change your view order in "My Preferences".  Your user icon in the top right of dashboard.548e0fd824c48_vieworder.png

tornadotj

Strange, I only have the ability to move Movies or TV, but you can see my other selections below. Note 3D is on top, that's what is causing my issue I am pretty sure.

post-12542-0-52170300-1418597989_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

How did you set up your Library?  Mine are physically separate.

548e1bd737bf4_library.png

Happy2Play

Well that is odd, you should have those same options in My View.  The only way I can replicate close to this is with "Library Access". (Dashboard-Users-Library Access)  Have you modified the users access?  But if you did then you shouldn't see those folders at all.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Do you have everything grouped? 

548e22025b1bc_Capture.png

Edited by Happy2Play

tornadotj

Ah, I see what you mean! Man, I must have looked at that a thousand times and not realized it was grouping. 

But so now I've changed the order so that Movies is at the top, but it is still defaulting to 3D Movies when I enter MBC.

Happy2Play

Well as a last resort you could go to metadata manager and edit sort name for each folder to get the order you want.

But so now I've changed the order so that Movies is at the top, but it is still defaulting to 3D Movies when I enter MBC.

MBC does not currently use the Views interface so you are not seeing the same items there as in that list.

You can make adjust the order of your media folders by modifying their sort name but, right now, there is no "Movies" item in MBC.

A future release will allow you to see the same things in MBC that you do in the other clients.