Not All Files Showing UP

serramagk

serramagk

I'm having an issue getting my TV library set up correctly. Only the files that are in subfolders are showing up. I've checked that everything is named correctly and they are all supported file types.

The Movie folder seems to be fine. All files, whether they are in a subfolder or not, show up.

I really hope someone can help. 

Try looking in a few of the recent topics out here.  Or just install the new beta that went up last night.

serramagk

I will try the beta. I did look through a lot of posts, knowledge base, google etc before posting. If anything people have the opposite problem, sub folders don't show up. 

I hope the beta will fix it.

UPDATE: Beta didn't fix it. I did experiment by making a new folder and dropping a few files into it. They showed up that way. So it looks like if I want to use MB I have to have them all sorted into their own folders. *sigh* That just adds another step over the system I have going now with Plex.

If anyone knows a work around I'd love to know. 

Edited by serramagk

No, they don't all have to have their own folders but you do need to specify the proper type for the media folder and conform to our rather expansive naming conventions.

If you are trying to add items that don't conform to our TV naming conventions, you cannot create the media folder with a type of 'TV'.

serramagk

OK this is what the files look like on my PC.

548e01e56b4dc_MB3screen_2.jpg

This is what it looks like when I bring up the media server

548e02618ab28_MB3screen.jpg

The only files that show up are the ones that are in folders. And the ones that are in the "unwatched" sub folder have that icon. I dont understand why it will list only shows that are set up in folders, but none of the other files. As you can see they are formatted correctly, and the files in the folders are formatted identically.

BTW, currently running yesterdays beta, but this also happened on the latest stable release. Switched to beta hoping it would correct the problem. 

ok, what you're doing there with those loosey goosey files is something we've never claimed to support. maybe you had some success before, but you were relying on unsupported behavior, which is never a good idea. 

supporting this kind of structure is something we can certainly look into, but it's not something that is supported right now. so you either need to make series folders, or classify it as home videos.

serramagk

Well, that's what I asked in the beginning.. do all my files need to be in subfolders? Ebr responded that I dont. Plex doesn't have issue, was just looking to go a different route.

I also never said I had an expectation of support, I just wondered if it was a limitation of the software or if I had done something wrong.

Ok, apologies for the confusion. Yes I think supporting this is something we can look into but we don't right now. So you'd have to choose one of those two routes.

You must have missed the second sentence of my response that said they don't have to be in their own folders which stated you couldn't classify them as "TV".

So, a better response from me would have been "If you want MB to recognize them as actual TV items, then, yes, they need to be in Series folders".