server goes straight to web client

liabella

liabella

Hi,

Just re installed MB3 server and classic via website links. MB3 Server loads straight to web client, and therefore cannopt add media to library.

I did have it installed on an other pc, with no issues, and it did have different name

Server name on new pc is 'HTPC'. Cant remember old details. I have uninstalled and re installed a few times with no luck.

I am bit of a noob so some help would be great. 

Thanks in advance 

liabella

MB3 Server v3.0.5445.6 installed today

MB3 Classic v3.0.238 installed today

I attempt to load the MB3 Server to add the media locations. It starts to load the server but then flashes to the web client  log in details. 

On install it allowed me to add the media folders that show in MB3 Classic but not the destination of source files, butc i cannot get back to the server page. I have never experience this before on my other pc when I had it loaded. This installation is a fresh install today for my new intel nuc.

The only log file showing is a configuration file. Log files showing only for debugs. is that right?

File attached

My previous pc had the same server name as my MB profile - liabella. I changed it for this build to HTPC. Dont know that info helps at all.

I could not find any info about this issue apart from an alpha thread but that was above my head.

Thanks in advance for any help

Configurator-13122014b0eec6cc2e1941bb8ef1bea32feb76ed.log

I attempt to load the MB3 Server to add the media locations. It starts to load the server but then flashes to the web client  log in details. 

And what happens if you log in as the admin user you created in the beginning?

Angelblue05

I'm trying to understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to access your MB3 server dashboard where you can configure your server?

What you can try: If it loads the webclient, can you click on the little cog wheel to see if it brings you to the server dashboard.

548ce3c4c48fd_dashboardaccess.jpg

If this doesn't work, you could always try to clear your browser cache. Since you said it was a reinstall, maybe it's trying to redirect you to an old cache page of the webclient. Hope this helps you!

Edited by Angelblue05

CashMoney

If you're login is not an admin account (an account that can manage the server, which should have been setup during install) and just a user account, you won't see the cog icon. As ebr said, you'll need to sign out of the user account and login again to the admin account.