MB Classic 30 seconds freeze when you chose MUSIC

aziz

Hi All,

My MB Classic Freezes for about 30 seconds every time I chose MUSIC (on the first use only).... So, I decided to look at the log file and I found that it is due to error about being a supporter Can anyone help... p.s. I can repeat this problem as many times as I like...

Here is the log file... (I never used to look at log files, but I blame Chief B.. for giving me the idea.... off course, this means I have half truths as I can look at the log, but understand none of it :)  :) )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71775242/MBClassic-121220149ba730c4a90745e4b2b21c076d8e122f.log

(partial log below - just the offending code, I think!)

2014-12-12 13:42:56.2920,Info,,Sending Http Get to http://192.168.0.100:8096/mediabrowser/Plugins/RegistrationRecords/mbsupporter?Mb2Equivalent=mbsupporter&format=Json,47,Worker thread for mbsupporter registration check

This space is for Just under 40 seconds of frozen client :P :P  

2014-12-12 13:43:34.9004,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.0.100:8096/mediabrowser/Users/2264033e-2676-2e63-7d9f-916c04be4401/Items?ParentId=6590a59f7ec8019ef69294aebc1a4fbc&sortBy=&CollapseBoxSetItems=False&fields=Overview,,Path,,ParentId,,DisplayPreferencesId,,DateCreated,,IndexOptions,,DateLastMediaAdded,,MediaStreams,,SortName,,Taglines,,MediaSources&ImageTypes=&recursive=False&genres=&Ids=&studios=&ExcludeItemTypes=&IncludeItemTypes=&ExcludeLocationTypes=&personTypes=&years=&format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The operation has timed out Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,Application

The registration check is not slowing you down.  This is:

2014-12-12 13:43:34.9004,Error,,Error getting response from http://192.168.0.100:8096/mediabrowser/Users/2264033e-2676-2e63-7d9f-916c04be4401/Items?ParentId=6590a59f7ec8019ef69294aebc1a4fbc&sortBy=&CollapseBoxSetItems=False&fields=Overview,,Path,,ParentId,,DisplayPreferencesId,,DateCreated,,IndexOptions,,DateLastMediaAdded,,MediaStreams,,SortName,,Taglines,,MediaSources&ImageTypes=&recursive=False&genres=&Ids=&studios=&ExcludeItemTypes=&IncludeItemTypes=&ExcludeLocationTypes=&personTypes=&years=&format=Json ( Exception.  Type=System.Net.WebException Msg=The operation has timed out Src=System Method=GetResponse Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Get(String url) ),1,Application

Your server is timing out trying to retrieve your music (I'm assuming).  How many artists/albums are we talking about?  How are they organized?

The sad truth is that MBC in its current state, is not going to be able to handle really large collections like music very well.  If access to this via MBC is important, you could re-structure it into sub-folders of some sort and that should help.

Thanks Chief B...  I appreciate all your help....

OK... My music collection is just a little over 250gb, and I don't remember how many albums, but aloooooot.  They are organized by ARTIST folder, then ALBUM subfolder  all under MUSIC directory.

This is not really important for me, as I prefer to use MCE for Music.. I just wanted to test it out, and I will remove it from MB Server library, and just stick to using MCE.

In the meanwhile, and before I remove it.. let me know if you need me to run some tests on it, or at some point in time in the future..

Once again, many thanks.