Problems with no transcoding or delayed start

mrtwopoints

mrtwopoints

I can't be exactly sure when this issue began as I haven't tried to transcode anything in a few days. I had a user contact me yesterday about being unable to watch video on the web server. Since then I've been able to repeatedly replicate the issue. 

Trying to play an item that requires transcoding, wether through the web client or a roku client, results in the application hanging for up to 5 minutes. This seems to begin after a fresh restart, once an item is attempted to be resumed or started from a chapter location. The problem comes and goes. Eventually the video will begin to play, but the server is unusable during this waiting process. The media center app for windows does not appear to be affected as it direct streams. I've also noticed substantial performance issues when navigating the website and administering it.

I am using server version  3.0.5445.6 and Roku client 1.72

The problem I just had was with The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and I replicated it on both Chrome and Safari on a Macbook.

server-63553920662.txt

transcode-add850e3-b803-4c0d-8ab3-d3de846984ae.txt

jayTcold

Have you played with the settings: "Transcoding Quality Preference"? 

It's located under Playback and then the Transcoding tab. 

Maybe stick the Transcoding Temp Path on the fastest disc in your server, if possible? 

Just throwing a couple of things out there. You mentioned substantial performance issues when just navigating the dashboard...are those performance issues local to the server, or are you accessing the dashboard remotely?