NextUp - SeriesId

Luke

Adding a little enhancement here, initially for MBT.

You can filter NextUp by SeriesId now, in case you just want the next up episode for a particular series. That way you can put a link to it right from the series screen.

What will this return if the series is 100% watched?

Just seeing how much different it will be from what I was currently using to do this:

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Users/<userId>/Items?parentId=<seriesId>&rescursive=true&includeItemTypes=Episode&sortBy=SortName&sortOrder=Ascending&filters=IsUnplayed&limit=1

It is essentially a filter to the next up query, so it would return an empty list.

What you're doing is fine too. The difference is the next up algorithm vs a hand-made one using querying. Next up sorts them all by premiere date, so for example, if a series has a Christmas special with a premiere date, that could be your next up episode. For example, the last episode of every downton abbey season is a christmas special but for some reason tvdb puts them under specials. 

OK, not really related to the new series id feature of nextup, but related to nextup. What is the recommended id to look for a tv show's parent folder image. Basically trying to figure out which option to use to get the series poster image. I was using "ParentArtItemId", but just ran across an item in my next up that doesn't have that field for some reason. So is there another field I should be looking at? Thanks.

That could be null if there is no parent with an art image. Right now parent with primary image is not part of the output, so you can't get the series poster directly.

If thumbs might interest you there is ParentThumbItemId and ParentThumbImageTag, also SeriesThumbItemId and SeriesThumbImageTag - because I think the series thumbs generally look much better than the season ones.

That could be null if there is no parent with an art image. Right now parent with primary image is not part of the output, so you can't get the series poster directly.

If thumbs might interest you there is ParentThumbItemId and ParentThumbImageTag, also SeriesThumbItemId and SeriesThumbImageTag - because I think the series thumbs generally look much better than the season ones.

Thumbs won't work. I'm not needing the season one, but the series poster. ParentArtItemId seems to work for most, but yeah I guess occasionally they can be null. So what is the best method to get the series poster then?

well ParentArt return the clear art anyway, not the poster. Unfortunately right now the only way is to pull down the series. You could use the Ids filter to get all the ones you need in one bulk call. I can add parent primary image info in the next release.

Yeah that would help. I think how it was working with the poster is the ParentArtId is the same as the series Id, thumb id, etc. So I could use the Series Id to get the series poster image. That means I have no image tag for caching, though apparently I was using the wrong field anyways in the cache call for that image.

the cache tags are there - ParentArtItemId is always paired with ParentArtImageTag, ditto for thumbs.

So basically we just need a "SeriesPrimaryImageTag" field added because the SeriesId gets us that far for the image.

• 2 weeks later...