Sadness at having to leave the Media Browser.

LuizFeitosa
Go to solution Solved by Abobader,

LuizFeitosa
First, sorry for my english.

A long used the Media Browser and always found him very good, however after the update from Windows 8.1 to version 2.6.2 stopped working. No alternative was required to test the version 3 of the Media Browser, and my deception was all much more complicated, just every time I restart the computer, losing the configuration server and not have to settle. To complicate something that worked so well?

Not now I have no other alternative to not be looking for another program.

Deihmos

Why not upgrade to Mediabrowser 3 or not upgrade to Windows 8.1? You don't lose anything by moving to MB3.

• Like 1

yardameus

I think you'd be more than happy with the upgrade to MB3 with MB Classic.  Very easy to keep things the same, and several more options than you had before if you wanna mix things up.

Luiz,

The MB3 platform consists of two components. The "MB Server" and the MB Classic interface. In other words, the server is now a separate piece of software that needs to be installed. Once it is installed, you can configure it to automatically run at system startup. Set and forget. This setting is on the Advanced tab of the MB Server dashboard.

Marc

Sorry, I tried to upload a picture to show the setting, but I'm having issues with the image uploader...

Edited by Marc_G

• Solution

Good day,

The correct steps to use MB3 as the other already said, but here they are:

1 - Uninstall MB (media browser)

2 - Install MB3 Server (download it, then setup the level to beta for the server): "Advanced" menu no 53:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/692-mb3-server-setup-and-configuration/&do=findComment&comment=24082

Read in that thread, in the Task menu check for MB3 update, then update when it done, click on restart server.

3 - Install MBC, again, when it done, setup the level to "beta" at the system tab, then update.

After that, Start MBC.

My best

• Like 2

LuizFeitosa
Thank you all for your help.

As did the installation documentation, and everything works perfectly until the moment you restart the computer. After restarting the computer, the MB3 not work anymore is the message that I have attached above: "Error locating server".

Did you select to start the server automatically at start up as indicated above?

Is the server running when you get that message?

Good day,

I see now, that meant  that the "service" running, go to the:

Start - Run

Then type "Services.msc" and look for "MediaBrowser" and double click on it and chose "Stop"

Now you can run MB3 server.

The above if you do not want to use the service (some limitation to use it tho) so if the MB3 server and MBC on the same PC, then no need at all to run MB3 service.

So here at the "Service" again, go to that MediaBrowser and choose: Manual (so the service do not start again) and then on "Apply" and you are done.

My best

LuizFeitosa
Apparently solved the problem using the "services.msc", however not exactly as described. In "services.msc" the MB3 was already set to manual, automatic switching to the MB3 went to work, even after restarting Windows.

Thank you.