duplicates in library

dirkdigs

dirkdigs

i am populating my movie library and there are several movies with CD1/CD2 that are showing up as doubles in my librarys view. is there a specific naming convention that is needed to alleviate this issue? my other media browser plex is not having the same issue. thanks,

We should be able to handle these. would you mind posting a screenshot of the folder contents? thanks.

this specific way of stacking videos we haven't implemented yet. we can look to support it in a future release. in the meantime they would need to be in the same folder and named with file stacking naming, e.g. mymovie part1.mkv

• 9 months later...

I'm using this old topic to ask if there's a way to handle duplicate movies in multiple folders ?

Let's me explain: my emby server is merging multiple samba share folders (essentially NAS) from different owners, located in different place. As you can easily imagine, some movies / series are duplicate. I’m not expecting a “multiple source” feature but just emby to “ignore” a movie / serie when it’s already in the database library. Do you get my idea ?

I'm using this old topic to ask if there's a way to handle duplicate movies in multiple folders ?

Let's me explain: my emby server is merging multiple samba share folders (essentially NAS) from different owners, located in different place. As you can easily imagine, some movies / series are duplicate. I’m not expecting a “multiple source” feature but just emby to “ignore” a movie / serie when it’s already in the database library. Do you get my idea ?

No there is no way to do this currently.

• 1 year later...