Movie type

steve1977

steve1977

MBS has an option to filter by type (e.g., Bluray, ISO, etc). No idea though how I can have MBS identify what it is? How is this done? Also, is there a way to filter by HD vs SD?

AVTechMan

I was also somewhat wondering about this too, as I have a few HD-DVD movies that I ripped to the server, though MBS sees them as Bluray. I was wondering if there was a way to have them display in the correct type, just to see the red color box lol. I do plan to convert the HD-DVD's to Bluray though. 

CWNashvegas

I was also somewhat wondering about this too, as I have a few HD-DVD movies that I ripped to the server, though MBS sees them as Bluray. I was wondering if there was a way to have them display in the correct type, just to see the red color box lol. I do plan to convert the HD-DVD's to Bluray though. 

You can override the detected type by changing it in the metadata edit screen in the web client. I believe the accepted video type entry for HD-DVD is HdDvd.

We do not officially support hd dvd so you'll need to create a specific request for it. It's hard to imagine it being much of a priority though.

AVTechMan

We do not officially support hd dvd so you'll need to create a specific request for it. It's hard to imagine it being much of a priority though.

Oh, its not that big of a deal, I can convert them all to Bluray anyway so as to physically back them up in the case my HD-DVD rom drive eventually dies. Wouldn't make much sense to re-buy those on Blu.

steve1977

unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to set the type in the wiki and also not to change manually. can you point me to the right place please? thanks!

shaefurr

You can manually change the tag in the movie.xml - just Just edit it in notepad and change the type to <Type>HD DVD</Type>. I changed one and it came up in MB as a HD DVD, or am I missing something here.

steve1977

How to set the type "bluray" without editing the XML? I cannot see a reference to this in the wiki and also not when editing in MBS?

steve1977

Oh, got it. Is there any way that this information is automatically detected? From folder or file name? Or derived from resolution?

it is automatically detected and is all covered in the wiki. what shaefurr showed is an example of how to make a video display as if it were a bluray. that's an advanced topic and not the same as what you're asking.

Oh, got it. Is there any way that this information is automatically detected? From folder or file name? Or derived from resolution?

Yeah, if it is actually a Blu-ray (file structure with a bdmv folder) :).  Otherwise, it isn't a blu-ray but you want to display like it was so you'll have to use the Display Type as was directed.