Change default audio track?

psykix
Go to solution Solved by gcw07,

Is it possible to change the default audio track?

I have a movie with the 1st track in German and the 2nd track in English. When I look at the movie details it has the German track set as default. I want to make the English track the default.

I can change audio track on the Roku to fix the issue, but it's beyond the kids to be changing audio tracks, they are just used to playing the movie!

Cheers!

Most of the time all you have to do is reorder the tracks. What format is the file in (container Mkv/mp4/avi)?

Hmm.. I just checked the same movie using Mediaportal (using Armand's Mediabrowser plugin) and it plays the English track..

The Roku's play the German track - maybe it is an issue on the Roku as opposed to my back end server?

steve1977

I would also love to do this, but believe this is not so easy. Believe it takes some software to change directly inside the container (MKV).

open it in mkvmerge (or similar) and movie it up one position so your track ids are video,eng,ger

it takes about 30 seconds.

526b96db6bb1f_remux2.jpg

that's a scr just after i selected the 3rd track and hit the up button then you choose your filename  & click the start muxing

• Like 1

Or go to 

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/usersettings.html

and change the settings

526b993d860f5_Capture.jpg

Which should work for transcoded video

Or go to 

localhost:8096/mediabrowser/dashboard/usersettings.html

and change the settings

526b993d860f5_Capture.jpg

Which should work for transcoded video

I have both of those set to English. Is that not correct?!

Mediaportal is running on the same PC as MB3 (Windows 8 box)

Ya english for both is correct.

What device are you playing it on?

The device that plays the wrong track is a Roku (XS or LT) - the Windows box plays the correct track.

• Solution

Unfortunately the Roku doesn't have a way to force a language audio selection. It will playback whatever is the default track or play the first one (as that becomes default if the flag isn't set). Nothing we can do beyond you selecting the audio track within the channel or fixing the file.

• Like 2

Unfortunately the Roku doesn't have a way to force a language audio selection. It will playback whatever is the default track or play the first one (as that becomes default if the flag isn't set). Nothing we can do beyond you selecting the audio track within the channel or fixing the file.

That explains the issues then :-)

Looks like the program mentioned above is the way to go. I'd be happy to remove the foreign soundtrack, but not sure if that is actually an option.

Cheers!

That explains the issues then :-)

Looks like the program mentioned above is the way to go. I'd be happy to remove the foreign soundtrack, but not sure if that is actually an option.

Cheers!

Ya open it in mkvmerge gui uncheck the track and start muxing

• Like 1

ewcrider

Not sure if this will work, but you can use the header editor the mkvmerge GUI (File -> Header Editor) to set/remove the default track flags in mkv files.  This neither changes the order of the tracks nor remuxes the file, so it is much quicker.  If the Roku just plays the first audio track always, it won't work.