Parental Control Addition...

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hey folks,

So before I ask my question, my request, can someone please clarify for me if I am interpreting the Parental Control page correctly:

(MB Dashboard > Users > User > Parental control)

5483dd8853ff6_Untitled.png

The above means that any library item with the specified rating or lower will be viewable. Anything with a rating above that specified, will not.

Correct?

5483de2555f94_Untitled.png

The next option (as per above) means that if I check any library collection listed, than any library item in the selected collection will not be viewable if it has no rating.

Correct?

5483def47b39b_Untitled.png

The next option (as per above) means that if I, using the metadata "Tag" option, tag any library item, then that library item with the corresponding Tag will not be viewable.

Correct?

5483dfc14f5d1_Untitled.png

The final option (as per above) means that if I set an 'Access Schedule', then the library and its contents are only accessible during the indicated schedule.

Correct?

Sorry if this makes me appear more daft than the average person, however my purpose in clarifying this page is because, if this is the case, then I am not sure I can achieve what I would like to achieve ... or perhaps I am just not in the right dashboard area?

What I would like to achieve is similar, however, with the currently available options, I do not think I can achieve my end result. Basically, I want to be able to have a specific portion of my library (perhaps designated via the metadata "Tag" option or maybe the "Genre" option!?) only viewable on a given day and/or time but then outside of that given day and/or time, all is as per normal. For example, on Sunday's, between 12:00pm and 06:00pm, only the movies with a "Tag" of "dog" will be selectable / viewable / accessible, all else would be blocked. Before 12:00pm and after 06:00pm though, the entirety of the library is accessible, with regards to what has been setup via the above options of course.

A workaround, I know, would be to setup a new media folder within 'Library' and tell those who this would be aimed at "you can only watch movies out of the "dog" media folder, but then the movies placed in that media folder would not be available in the normal, general movie media folder ... or would they? But besides this, I'm still left with the rest of the library being able to be accessed.

I am open to any other ideas or workarounds folks, otherwise, failing that can I please put this forward as a Feature Request?

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

You understood all the options correctly except that the last one (schedule) pertains to the user not any particular library or type.

Therefore, to do what you want, you would need to setup different users with the appropriate library access and then apply the appropriate schedule to them.  Then your actual users would need to choose the proper user to log into based on the time.

@@Luke - a possible enhancement here may be to have the Users/Public endpoint only return users that are within their scheduled time restrictions...