how to install chocolate theme

dirkdigs

dirkdigs

noob question

how do i install chocolate?

i found it under themes / plugins

but when i go to install it says 

"This plugin must be installed from with in the app you intend to use it in."

i tired to install it from the web client? which is also the same PC as my server.

I also installed the Windows App as well but do not see any settings or plugins options.

​thanks,

post-11641-0-10861800-1417898155_thumb.png

The app it applies to is MB Classic and it is installed automatically and set to the default.

If, you accidentally removed it, hit the "Plugin Catalog" button on the plug-ins tab in the MBC config and re-install from there.

Redshirt

The app it applies to is MB Classic and it is installed automatically and set to the default.

If, you accidentally removed it, hit the "Plugin Catalog" button on the plug-ins tab in the MBC config and re-install from there.

I just updated MBC this morning to 241 and it uninstalled Chocolate. Actually to be fair, I didn't check if the dll had been deleted, or just not loaded. I just re-installed it and moved on. That may be what's happened here as well.

Man, I thought I had figured out a way around that but I guess not.

For some reason, if you are running a version of Chocolate that is above the one that was installed by the last install of MBC, the uninstall removes it and the new install will not replace it with the new one.

So, anyone who updated Chocolate with the beta that showed more TV information, is going to have this problem.

Hey @@Redshirt - do you have the msi-install.log from that last update?  I want so see if there is any clue in there as to why this happens.  Thanks.

Redshirt

Sure here's the contents. Looks like I lied. It was 240 I installed.

MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Classic
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBClassic
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Found 1 versions.  Will choose latest one of Dev class
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0.240
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Classic version 3.0.240
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Successfully downloaded version 3.0.240
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Archive is MSI installer C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowserClassic.msi
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Calling msi install
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error shutting down - InvalidOperationException - Cannot set Visibility to Visible or call Show, ShowDialog, Close, or WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle while a Window is closing.
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Deleting Pismo install files
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to start program C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}
MediaBrowser.Classic.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installation complete

Redshirt

Is it in the AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-InstallLogs folder? If it is, I've only got 2 other files in that folder and they are for MBT.

Oh, wait - you installed 240.  The new version of Chocolate wasn't in that one - it was in 241 so that was the problem.  Whew.  This should not be an issue for many others.

Redshirt

That's good. Pulling down dev versions of MBC I never really know what version is visible to who. Thought I'd mention it just in case.