Auto folder creation

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

I have a ton of home videos that I am concerting to mp4 to put on media browser. However, I Dont want to have to create a folder for each item as it would take too much time. Is there a tool that anyone knows of that would do this automatically?

And how can I organize them into collections. For example, we have 10 short videos that is at an aquarium. What is the best method in grouping them all?

navanod

Handy little tool found some time ago to create a folder and move the media file into that new folder, automatically - grab a copy from here.

• Like 3

Also, home videos don't have to be in their own folder.

You can use the web client to create collections.

AxelAxel3

Also, home videos don't have to be in their own folder.

You can use the web client to create collections.

Well the only reason I cared about their own folders was because MB wasnt pulling any images off the videos. I just see a bunch of videos with the generic MB image. If I did collections, would it still create the images?

Have you enabled the screen grabber for Home Videos?  Did you define the media folder of type "Home Videos"?

Being in a folder should not impact the ability to have metadata.

AxelAxel3

Rescan Library

Go to Movie's Metadata, choose 'Advanced Refresh'

Well not sure if it maters, but its home videos, not movies. And I tried that and still no images. After turning on chapter images (or scenes) i get the scene images, but still no images for the library.

AxelAxel3

Oh, for home movies you need to supply your own image (called "Primary" when editing image metadata).  It will import it via library scan if you put an image named folder.jpg in the movie's subfolder.

But witth the movies and TV shows, it will automatically pull an image from the first few seconds and use that if it can't find an image online. There is no way to get it to do that?

Have you enabled the screen grabber for Home Videos?  Did you define the media folder of type "Home Videos"?

You answered yes to these but are you really sure?  There are different settings for Home Videos than for movies.

AxelAxel3

Thanks but that is going to be a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Could you please re-start the server and then go to one of these home videos and do a refresh or add a new one and wait a couple minutes until it shows up (without an image) and then post that log, that would be really helpful.  Also, please tell us what item you refreshed or added. 

Okay, I will do that later tonight.

I do notice it looks like you have a bad path defined for Auto Organize.  Not directly related but the other problem may be similar.

Error - App: Error getting files from \\SERVERNAME\c$\users\USERNAME\downloads\completed
	The network path was not found.

I know about that, the computer is just turned off. I get about 500 notifications a day when it turned off.

Edited by alexander7567

AxelAxel3

It does this for home videos. Perhaps you don't have it enabled or perhaps the image extractions are failing. Please see

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Server version: Version 3.0.5445.6

And I have attached the last two days worth of logs. Not sure if there is anything else needed... 

**REMOVED LOGS**

Edited by alexander7567

Thanks but that is going to be a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Could you please re-start the server and then go to one of these home videos and do a refresh or add a new one and wait a couple minutes until it shows up (without an image) and then post that log, that would be really helpful.  Also, please tell us what item you refreshed or added. 

I do notice it looks like you have a bad path defined for Auto Organize.  Not directly related but the other problem may be similar.

Error - App: Error getting files from \\computer10\c$\users\alex\downloads\completed
	The network path was not found.

AxelAxel3

Okay, I removed a home video, restarted the service, and did a advanced refresh then copied the log right after. 

**REMOVED LOG**

Edited by alexander7567

AxelAxel3

Solved it... 

Access to the path '\\SERVERNAME\F\Home Videos\MVI_7002.nfo' is denied.

Changed it to '\\SERVERNAME\F$\Home Videos\MVI_7002.nfo' and that fixed it :)

Thanks for the help guys!

Edited by alexander7567