Next Up not respecting server setting

techywarrior

techywarrior

Scott, for "Next Up" in the TV View it doesn't respect the user settings as to what can be displayed. I have certain folders not included in the TV view but their next episode(s) are showing in Next Up.

It was discussed a bit in this thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/14979-next-up-displaying-content-from-folders-not-included/&do=findComment&comment=155562 because I thought it was a server API issue.

Ebr said you should be able to limit the call to the parent Id (TV View Id I suppose)

ScottIsAFool

The problem here is that my views are based on the whole library that the user has access to, not specific areas. So I basically request all items that are of type TvShow, or Episode, etc.

techywarrior

But that makes it inconsistent with the web client, MBC, and possibly other apps.

From the sound of it from ebr the server now has official "movie" and "tv" views. I don't know how much of a pain it would be but you should update the app to use those instead of creating them yourself. This would keep your movie/tv views to be consistent with the web client as well as any other apps that properly support the views.

Edited by techywarrior

ScottIsAFool

Yup, and it's in the plan to. I checked yesterday, and the folders have a CollectionType property on them, but they're always null, so I need to check with Luke as to how they should become populated.

ScottIsAFool

They're only populated on the root items.

You mean for the library root items? ie, tv, movies,  books, etc? If so, they're not for me.

Redshirt

Are you using views, or folder browsing? They are for me if I call 

/Users/{UserId}/Views

techywarrior

Ah good, it sounds like it's not a major thing then. I don't have a super complex setup but looking forward to testing once you have this in a beta.