Date Added Fix?

awakening

awakening

I have a large collection of movies on a server and i use Media Browser/WMC on my HTPC as a front end.

Now, after moving the MediaBrowser server to a new PC, the 'Date Added' is totally jumbled.  My file manager correctly displays the ‘Date added’ order. Is there a way to  (re)set the dates in the movie.xml files as to match the order I see in my file manager?

MediaBrowser Web GUI > Settings > Metadata > Advanced > Change "Date added behavior for new content"

he's looking for a mass update of movie.xml which will currently isn't possible unless you use some other tool or script.

awakening

Would deleting all movie.xml's and 'advanced refresh' work?  (with correct date added setting)

Thanks. Hope that works but I think it will just show  the day of the scan as the date added.

awakening

MediaBrowser Web GUI > Settings > Metadata > Advanced > Change "Date added behavior for new content"

he's looking for a mass update of movie.xml which will currently isn't possible unless you use some other tool or script.

Sounds right. Do you know of such a tool or script?

awakening

Review: MediaBrowser Web GUI > Settings > Metadata > Advanced > Change "Date added behavior for new content"

Thank you. That makes sense.

awakening

Review: MediaBrowser Web GUI > Settings > Metadata > Advanced > Change "Date added behavior for new content"

I went and changed the meta data settings as suggested, then deleted all movie.xml files as well as some database files to delete the cach.

Did a fresh scan. All 2500 + xml files were newly generated, but still the date added makes no sense.

What does "makes no sense" mean?

Does the date added match the creation date of the video file itself?

awakening

No it did not. It was all mixed up, but now it works.

Stopped the server.

Went to "AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data"

Deleted: library.db and refreshinfo.db

Next i deleted all movie.xml files.

Restarted the server and used the suggested meta dat setting:

(MediaBrowser Web GUI > Settings > Metadata > Advanced > Change "Date added behavior for new content")

Now it is in the right order.

But somehow in the process all the cast pictures are now'replaced by 'place holders.

A small price to pay and i will try find a fix for that.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by awakening