LiveTV almost works but .... (stuck)

hec1152

Hi.  First time poster and new to MB3.  I've gotten much of my media on MB3.  It has great potential for me.  Can't seem to get LiveTV to work despite having tried.  Setup is Win7 MB3 server with Ceton Infinitv card.  WMC works fine on this system.  WMCServer seems to be fine also in that it thinks it's streaming to the appropriate place per the dashboard on MB3.   LiveTV screen is just grey.  No picture no sound.  Play/Stop seem to work but nothing to see so not sure.  Logs are here on dropbox.   Hopefully I did all this correctly - i.e. post on this forum, obtaining the right logs and posting on dropbox so accessible to others.   I'd appreciate advice/suggestion on what to try so that I can get LiveTV working.   Thanks in advance.

krustyreturns

You didn't mention what client you are using for MBS, but my guess is its IE.  I get a gray screen with IE too, I have never had luck getting it to work.  Try chrome or firefox.

If that's not the case, then post the serverwmc log after you try and start a live stream, you can find it on the 'debug' tab of serverwmc.

Acutally, I've tried all of them.  My least preferred is Explorer so the ones I've used the most (same result) are FIrefox and Chrome.   Thanks for the response.  And, I hate to be dumb, but where is the log for serverwmc?   I looked in it's directory but didn't find it.   Also, should I do anything before starting livetv, e.g. stop and restart the serverwmc, or mediacenter, etc?  Thanks again from responding.  P.S. since I have no way to be sure I did it right, were the logs I posted via Dropbox accessible? 

krustyreturns

Yes, I could read the logs you put on dropbox.  To do the serverwmc log, restart serverwmc then try to play a live stream.  After it fails, go to the 'debug' tab In serverwmc and click the 'current log' button.  Then save and upload this file the same as you did for the other logs.

THanks for response.   I did a little more digging and finally got it working.    (BTW - yes I have cablecard which I thought would let me stream channels to which I have subscription).  Anyway, key to getting it to work for me was 1) using Chrome exclusively and 2) lowering the streaming data rate to a point where the system could handle the load.   That seemed to make the difference.  Now I'll check other channels to see about the limits of the streaming.  Thanks to all those who helped me come to the right answer.