Major library issues with new update.

nhall

jradams76

Just as an FYI:  I've updated to dev Version 3.0.5459.2174 and had to delete the library media folder and re-add it into the server before it would work again.  Just updated to the dev server and attempting to go into the ibrary media folder I would have the same results.  After deleting the library media folder and re-adding it I was able to view all media as before.

I just tried going to the Media Browser server config and on the left side selected library.  

I removed the media location that contained the Christmas shows folder and re-added it and still same thing no shows displayed.  

I then removed the Media folder TV Shows and re added the media folder and then had to re add the media locations and still not christmas shows.

I deleted the folder in windows explorer and then created a new folder and copied the shows into the folder and still no shows. 

Is there another area where I need to go to delete the folder and re-add?

I'm now on version Version 3.0.5459.41325.  If I turn on debugging will this help figure out why my setup doesnt see the shows?

Edited by jradams76

And what is the type you are using for the media folder?  If the shows are not in a correct season/episode format then I don't think they'll be recognized as "TV" so you'd need to select a different type for the media folder.

jradams76

And what is the type you are using for the media folder?  If the shows are not in a correct season/episode format then I don't think they'll be recognized as "TV" so you'd need to select a different type for the media folder.

Ahh ok I currently have the TV Shows folder as TV I will try some other types.  Maybe the movies/TV type.

That did the trick.  I put the type on movies/TV and it worked.  Did a change happen to the TV type is that why I was having this error?

Thank you for your help and dealing with me :)

Edited by jradams76

We have just fixed some bugs and increased our compatibility with naming conventions.  If it worked for you before it was a bug.

gribbish

Since the update I also noticed it wont grab metadata based on folder name only file name.

So if I put a file named t10.mkv in a folder named MOVIE (2006) it wont grab the metadata but the minute I rename t10.mkv to 

MOVIE (2006).mkv it grabs it fine.

Just wondering if this is some kind of bug or some kind of change with the server.

Edited by gribbish

The latest beta (3.0.5462.0) still has a bug within the library:

I have a 'recorded TV' media folder which points to a media location ('\\whs2011\Recorded TV') with some video files in it 

- If this media location is only included in the 'recorded TV' media folder, it shows as empty in the Media library (if it contains folders, the folders in the media location are seen but not the files in it).

- If this media location is also included in the 'Movie' media folder (which has other media locations as well), then it works fine (viewing the 'recorded TV' media folder shows the files in it)

- Surprisingly, this fix doesn't work when I do the same using another media folder called 'Family videos' instead of 'Movie' 

- I have tried to create an other media folder with just this media location and a different name, but the problem persists. I have also tried different media folder types to no avail.

Older versions (from a couple of months ago) didn't have this issue.

What type are you assigning to the "Recorded TV" media folder?  Even though it is "TV" in your mind, it doesn't conform to the TV spec for MB so you would need to make it just videos or mixed content. 

The media type of the 'Recorded TV' media folder is 'TV shows' (The same issue exists if the type is changed to 'Movies' or 'Mixed Movies and TV').

If this helps, the 'Movie' media folder is of the 'Movies' type.

we currently don't support randomized folder structures for tv. If that's what your recorded tv folder is. it will be looked at in the future, but for now, you either need to make series folders and make sure the episodes use a supported naming convention, or you need to classify them as home videos or movies.

I tried the DEV release 3.0.5462.440, this has fixed the audio pod files, these now appear, the only thing now is we cant scan the library, also we have these attached errors.

548eb0d8030b3_1.jpg

548eb0e8d0d40_2.jpg

548eb1b1ad1e2_3.jpg

Just wanted to drop my $0.02... changing the type from TV Shows to mixed content movies/tv worked.

Files in the folders in questions were all .wtv files.

Just wanted to drop my $0.02... changing the type from TV Shows to mixed content movies/tv worked.

Files in the folders in questions were all .wtv files.

Thanks, I confirm this also work when .wtv files are all in the same folder... solving the issue I reported earlier, at least for now :)

The new beta version (3.0.5462.0) works with all files and folders and everything displays as it should, but now with this version i get this error which ive never seen before 'There was an error connecting to the remote Media browser repository'

The firewall is off on the computer, no settings have been changed from the previous version that worked. router rules are set correctly because we can connect to the media server from the outside and play media, everything works except this and updating, plugins etc, which worked fine on the previous version.