Movie Cover Issue

msand

Hi,

For some time now I've been having issues where the cover of new movies won't download properly. I get the disc type cover you see in the attached screenshot, instead of the proper downloaded cover from TheMovieDb. If I go into the metadata and Browse Images, I can grab them fine.

Does anyone know why this would be happening, or how I could troubleshoot it? Currently using Version 3.0.5445.6.

post-205-0-50557100-1417751037_thumb.png

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for your help on this ebr.

Attached is the explorer view of one working movie, and one failed movie. It seems the folder.jpg is missing for the failed one.

post-205-0-51799800-1417821182_thumb.png

Thanks

Mark

Well, the image isn't there.  Not sure why.

What happens if you refresh the movie from the metadata manager?

Nothing happens if I do a refresh. The only way I can fix it is to click on Images -> Browse Images in the metadata manager, and manually download the folder.jpg manually - which works ever time.

It's also not consistent - downloaded two movies this morning - one worked, and one didn't.

I guess the other difference is the file below. Instead of the folder.jpg file it seems to be downloading the attached file in the naming format of 'movie name.jpg'

post-205-0-87264500-1417834777_thumb.jpg

One more update :)

If I delete the file 'movie name.jpg', and then in metadata manager hit the refresh button, it successfully downloads folder.jpg.

That is the actual picture that was downloaded?

It looks like something from eBay...

What image fetchers do you have enabled and in what order?

Do you have any other metadata programs?

Yes, that was the image it downloaded.

Attached is my fetcher settings, and no I don't have any other metadata programs - I use to use metabrowser, but I've removed all libraries from that some time ago. I'll uninstall it now as well just to make sure.

post-205-0-71091800-1417898948_thumb.png

SikSlayer

Argh, I've written a response 3 times now, but I keep hitting the back button on my mouse by accident, and losing it all. Long story short, I too have this issue. It's also not consistent for me. I do the same as msand to fix the poster. Which is odd if the images were already there.

But the rabbit hole goes deeper.

The two options in Metadata in the Basic section, I keep unchecked. They've never fully worked properly IMO, although this functionality was greatly improved some time ago with a focus on using what's already there, with a 'local data' priority over databases on the Internet. If "Saving artwork and metadata directly into media folders" is checked, but "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" is unchecked, The title will be the filename, not that of the folder, which should be properly named anyway, so basically being 'offline' in this matter, it shouldn't use the file name, at least not at first.

EDIT: Someone brought that up: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/15003-library-scan-using-folder-name/

I understand these two options are inherently related and interdependent, but the reason I don't have either checked is I keep having issues where local content is either overwritten, or something else. It's been so long since I've distrusted them that I don't remember the exact reasons why, all that remains is the tradition not to trust it. So I end up using outside clients like MCM and Meta Browser.

In the end, I want to try and help get this fixed once and for all. I if I have a new file named 'Show.S1E3.EpisodeName' within \Show\Season 1\, it should get the episode data and whatever images it needs, same for films. And normally, it does. But if certain data or images are there, they should be untouched, and used where they belong, especially if they are properly named according to the standards. This too is normally what happens, but not always, and its been so long I forget what happens instead. So whatever I need to do to help fix this I will do.

Edited by SikSlayer

My best guess is that the primary image providers didn't work for some reason so it fell back maybe to the open movie db which is still testing its poster API so it might have strange images like that.  You might try disabling that image fetcher and see if it stops getting those.

I have no idea where those images are coming from.  They don't look like anything from any provider we have ever used nor have I ever seen anything like them before.  Are you 100% sure they aren't coming from somewhere else?

Where are the movies coming from?  If they are being downloaded, the images may be coming with them...

Olywa123

Looking at the folder structure screenshot for The Trip - the movie.xml and backdrops were all created ~1.5hrs after the cover image, similar disparity with "This is where I leave you" above - really does like like those images are coming with the video file.

If they are being downloaded, the images may be coming with them

Never thought of that - I will need to check it out.

Thanks Guys.