Error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository

JBett25

Hello everyone,

I have been using media browser for quite some time now and am a big fan of it and have used this forum for all the troubleshooting I have ever needed. However, ran into one that I have not found any applicable fixes for and am hoping someone out there might know how to help me out.

I noticed a few hours ago, when I was on my server settings page (on Firefox 33.0, have since updated to Firefox 34.0), that the message "There was an error connecting to the remote Media Browser repository," was there.

548103503c4bb_1.png

I check in my notifications and this has been going on for about three weeks. I am just rarely on the server side of things. I am still able to stream locally, do not stream remotely or access it at all remotely for that matter. The first set was the remote server force shutting me out for whatever reason but then it still downloaded and installed my current version of 3.0.5424.1. Since then it has been saying "The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

548103870e33c_4.png54810377e5af4_3.png

On the second picture above, there is a notification titled "test" which is interesting to note as the link leads to an error page and is when the errors with 403 officially started.

I have since cleared my web history, reset my network, double checked to make sure my IP and port forwarding were all okay, tried to manually download the newest update but came up with an error (log will be below for this.), and even tried internet explorer.

Added information, I am not on Comcast and am running IPv4. I have a Linksys router, WRT310Nv2 to be exact. Streaming onto my Xbox One, laptop, and phone are all fine and work wonderfully. Just not the updating, which would leave me to believe it is between my network and the server (obviously since the 403 message). Also, I have mcafee but both its firewall and windows firewall are disabled so that is not the problem.

I am truly stumped.

Log file for the attempted install.

install.log

Most recent server log file.

server-63553318929.txt

The Test entry from the feed doesn't have anything to do with it, just a coincidence. The blog post was deleted, thus the error page when you try to access the link.

Do you have a static IP from your internet provider, or is it dynamic? If dynamic, is it possible you got a new IP around the same time this started happening? Could be our CDN thinking you (or someone that previously had the IP) were attacking the server for some reason, but I don't see anything that indicates that.

It is set to dynamic but my ISP sets private IPs to all customers so I do not believe that is the case but could always be. Is there a way to test that against the server? And that makes sense with the blog being deleted. I suppose it could have something to do with my ISP though, I did have an issue with my internet constantly dropping connection for about a day until my ISP resolved it. That would have been about two to three weeks ago now I believe. Let me double check on the time line real quick.

Also, thanks for the reply bigjohn.

EDIT: Yep, November 16th/17th. Right in that time frame. Would that make sense though?

EDIT2: Just restarted it again for the first time after my OP. Works fine now. I guess one of my previous attempts just took some time or something?

Edited by JBett25