NFO Only for Music -- Transition Questions.

Vicpa

Hi,

I noticed that the option to save music related metadata in the "Media Browser Legacy XML" format is now gone for music. Is this by design in the  3.0.5445.6 release ? If so I will post comments on timing, notice and implementation in another post.

Regardless if "sometime in the future" is now. How should this be setup?

Currently I have been using the xml option and have worked on my music collection extensively. Shortly after nfo support was introduced as a server function, unfortunately I did a clean install of the server and re-added my libraries unaware that nfo was the default. I was assured at the time (Aug) that nfo default was only a glitch. I changed the defaults, but sadly the library scan had added nfo files to most of my music. I have been deleting the nfo's  as I have worked on different artists, but some certainly still exist....

So with nfo only going forward how should the reading be ordered? Now my settings are save as nfo (only option), read xml first nfo second. If I use the metadata editor to change something will it write the changes as nfo or update the xml? If nfo what happens then when read xml is the choice but the nfo may be newer. With the fallout from aug I may have nfo's that are useless so I can't change the read order..

Punt and rescan the library as nfo, I am thinking no..I think I will lose all the changes I made saved to the xml? Help???? I am confused

The only saving grace here is that all my music is correctly tagged so it is portable. The xml or nfo is only needed to make up for weaknesses in MBS3 tag support.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Anybody have thoughts on this? What is the mapping between the xml and the nfo supposed to be? It looks like overview goes to both outline and review in the nfo is this correct? What is review supposed to be used for

xml album.xml

54909ea9ed75b_file.png

:) looks like I can't upload an nfo file.... maybe we can fix that

Anyway nfo renamed as textalbum.nfo.txt