Fresh install W7 and MBC/MBT install order questions

Schroinx
Go to solution Solved by jordy,

Schroinx

Because of my unresolved issues with my intel HD3000 and I52415m (as can be seen here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9652-stuttering-with-i5-2415m-4gb/) i have decided to reinstall win7 and see if that helps. Is there is a function in w7 as in osx that can reset the OS to default installation? Else I will reinstall win7. This mac mini is my main htpc box and so I use it with a MCE remote, also to select audio and subtitle streams, spdif out and a large screen. Waf essential :-) I have subtitles both internal and external for the media.

MBT would be my first choice, if I can get it to work as intended without stuttering. The player and HD3000 seems to be the source of my grief. It can be solved somehow by using the MPC player, but right now I cannot get it to work with external subtitles.

MBC could be a better choice, as WMP/lav seems to work fine and there is the possibility to select subtitles and audiostreams with the remote. But with ffdshow instead of lav. I like the look of MBT, so the more I can get MBC to look/work like it, the better :-)

I will make a system restorepoint just after I install the drivers. What order should I try MBT and MBC in? Will the lav filters in MBT conflict with the LAV/ffdshow setup or can they live side by side?

Any thoughts?

• Solution

I seem to remember someone saying recently that MBT installs and uses it's own Lav filters - independent of anything else - even another Lav installation. Perhaps @@Luke can confirm.

Edited by jordy
  • Like 2